• Thread starter ROB
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4

ROB

Website
Visit site
How come everyone started to listen to them at the same time? did everyone copy off each other , is it just a huge coincidence or is everyone gonna tell me now that they have been listening to iron maiden since they were 5? anyway i know it's only a personal opinion but they are not that great , they have a few good songs, does'nt make them good.

I listened to a bit of Iron Maiden in my younger days. The five albums up to Powerslave were quite good - at the time
Live After Death sounded great back in 1985

Somewhere In Time was my favourite LP of theirs. After that things went downhill. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son had three ok songs, the rest filler.

After that I lost interest.
And looking back on those days and playing the records again, I must say that they are not as good as I remembered. Somewhere In Time being the exception.

I know they have a best of out now but I won't buying it

oh yeh man if there's one thing rockinger than korn its sum 41 but sometimes those dudes are just too out there!

i just got an email with the subject: chat with average everyday girls naked, little did i know they meant for the girls to be naked............................now i'm cold:(

Originally posted by ROB
yes i remember their first album sounding good back in the day but i do'nt like them anymore. so anyway nobody has an answer to my question then .............................. ?

shut up.

i have the 'best of the beast' CD. I wasn't even a twinkle in my mother's eye when they were popular so I'm not even going to THINK about feining any sort of 'back in the day' malarky. And lets be honest folks - a CD is muucchh easier to have than vinyl .. so boo ya sux to you yiz oldies!

When I say "easier to have", I mean that a CD is more compatible with everyday life than vinyl for many reasons:
- you can listen to them on a walkman
- a record player is a lot harder to find than a CD player ie you might only have one record player in your house but there might be 3 or 4 things (hifi, computer etc) that you can listen to a CD on
- theyre smaller and therefore less prone to damage ...etcetc

I had a cool poster of them when I was about 7, but I always assumed they were crap because of the way they looked (kind of like I did with most of the hardcore/punk stuff I'm into now) until when I was living with Ed the year before last and he wheeled out his Best of the Beast tape...after refusing to listen to it for months I had a sneaky listen when there was no-one there and he & Ella came back that afternoon to discover me guiltily rocking out to Can I Play With Madness? with one foot on the couch...and I've never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back