• Thread starter IU
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 992
  • Watchers 0

IU

Website
www.irishunsigned.com
You will soon note that I have posted numerous messages in response to your predominantly unfounded, ill judged, generalised and inaccurate slating of what IU is and what we want to do. At this point I could give less of a fuck what you think. I will say this, though: it's sad that the co-op that you all espouse to be is so instantly anti-anything. You should have the decency to analyse it, educate yourself, prepare your criticisms and back them up. If that happens at any point I will be only too happy to discuss the situation in the Irish music industry.

Let me simply say this: No matter how many collectives the musos create it will never have an effect on the industry and its decisions. In some small way, if only by arming artists with some information (such as legal, technical, contractual and so on), we allow them to tilt the balance more in their own favour, then we will have suceeded.

When we interview the likes of Steve Wall (The Walls), Daragh Butler (Wilt), Derren Dempsey (Immodium, now recording with Wilt underneath where we are), Hugh Murray (A+R at Sony), Tom Sarig (A+R at MCA US), Shane Hoine (Marketing Director at Heinekin) and so on... we will be doing so in order to generate information that bands can then asimilate in their dealings with record companies and publishers.

One of the things that prompted my involvement was when my cousin got shafted by Crowded House after they gave her permission to re-mix "Don't Dream It's Over" and then took all the money. I hate when that happens. Information is the most valuable tool or commodity in the world. Geting it is difficult, especially when you need it.

Some time, after you have all calmed down after reading my replies to your comments, one of us would be happy to meet up for coffee/beer and discuss it. If you want to know or to help IU, then so be it. If you don't then don't ruin it for other people. what's the point?

By the way, it's unlikely that I will be in your forum much. I simply don't have the time. If anyone wants to talk seriously to me, use my email address. Send anything juvenile or inflammatory andI will just delete it. Or keep it and publish it in the Independent :0)

One finall thing, as if by way of illustrating (not that I think I need to, but simply because I see no reason why music-promotion groups of any kind should be in disagreement) I happen to be the Editor of the college newspaper at NCI in Ranelagh, Dublin. and was recently threatened, by my own College, with a Libel action after I exposed a serious breach of security and threatened to sue the SU and the College for negligence. That's right - the SU (one of you will find that hard to believe). The proof is in articles archived at www.nciGrapevine.com which I set up to disemminate inforamtion without censorship from the College. Guess who was the President of the Su at the time? My partner in I.U. And how can we work together now? Because we understood the level of integrity that was required to eventually solve the issue (which we did, after almost two years). Because, to put it simply, we are not children. Perhaps you could oblige and give IU the same courtesy we will give Things...

Email me if you want to seriously discuss matters. Finally, if you take too much offence from what I said, then take my apology at face value. It's almost 4 in the morning; I am fucking knackered. Insomnia is a bitch when you're giving up smokes and all I needed was a 2-hour session in here justifying my involvement in something you would all be happy to be involved in doing. In fact, you already are doing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back