Irish Times C4O review (1 Viewer)

DontMugYourself

Website
Visit site
Whats all that about??

"comming last out of the trap"...what trrap?

did I miss something?

What instrument does that cock-smoker play and when is his album comming out.......back to Jerry Fish & The Mud-Bug Club cocksmoker

!bog

Yeah.
Boo.
the whole thing seemed to be a dig at the DUBLIN SCENE THAT CELEBRATES ITS SELF., rather than a review.

here it is!excuse any typos
"the c4o (as they have it) include an amusing feature on their enhanced cd rom , allowing you to assemble your own crude post-rock opus by randomly shunting the five piece around their instruments.but the numerous permutations of instrumental loops and studious overlays on their finished album are hardly any more ambitious than that.
dublins latest addition to the experimental and increasingly insular new music commune follow spidery guitar lines , incremental development and abrubt swivels in direction no less proficiently than the jimmy cake or the redneck manifesto (both of whom line the sleevenote thank yous here) , but coming last out of the trap they join a movement now swelling into stagnation.
competent , unadventerous and pasting ideas together benignly , the c4o simply represent a mellower flavour of the same brand".

As Roy Walker said on Catchphrase:

"It's good, but it's not the one"

Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism. Although I think the same could be said for the Irish Times - it's a ridiculously insular and po-faced newspaper (although better than the Independent). Talk about a complete waste of money. FT is the way to go for papers.

the "review" was by peter crawley , whoever the fuck he is.

I suspect jim carroll told him what to say.

it hardly mentions the music at all , and as for the "coming last out of the trap" shit thats bollix , c4o have been around just as long as the rest of them

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
here it is!excuse any typos
"the c4o (as they have it) include an amusing feature on their enhanced cd rom , allowing you to assemble your own crude post-rock opus by randomly shunting the five piece around their instruments.but the numerous permutations of instrumental loops and studious overlays on their finished album are hardly any more ambitious than that.
dublins latest addition to the experimental and increasingly insular new music commune follow spidery guitar lines , incremental development and abrubt swivels in direction no less proficiently than the jimmy cake or the redneck manifesto (both of whom line the sleevenote thank yous here) , but coming last out of the trap they join a movement now swelling into stagnation.
competent , unadventerous and pasting ideas together benignly , the c4o simply represent a mellower flavour of the same brand".

Sounds like somebody's jealous they didn't get a thank you from C4o..... everybody make sure to include him in your sleevenotes from now on

I havn't heard the album but I have to say I
agree with the bit that says
' competent , unadventerous and pasting ideas together benignly'
just judging from the times I saw them live.

And I don't really understand why a lot
of you here seem to take it so to heart,

I think there is too much back slapping going on
and even if the criticsm is a bit harsh it is necessary,
since the musicians involved in the dublin music scene
seem often to be more concerned about maintaining
friendships and good relations, than
improving the quality of the music with constructive
criticsm's.

apologies for any mispellings, and this is not saying
that there isn't a lot of great music around!

here bint, do you play anything besides the skin flute?

Originally posted by sarah

I think there is too much back slapping going on
and even if the criticsm is a bit harsh it is necessary,
since the musicians involved in the dublin music scene
seem often to be more concerned about maintaining
friendships and good relations, than
improving the quality of the music with constructive
criticsm's.

Originally posted by happy
here bint, do you play anything besides the skin flute?

oooooooooooooo haggy. oooooooooo dave hag. no. bad dog.

a whole smasmogord of insulting there. did i make that word up? rappa.

Your dead right Sarah

There is noting wrong with constructive criticism. it is infact a very good thing foir all the backpatters among us...

but, tell me how was this review 'constructive' it didn't make any constructive suggestions....it only made criticisms..if anything I thought it was deconstructive and a little bit 'knives out'

Thats just my opinion:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back