irish breakfasts (1 Viewer)

Dr Winston Umbogo

Alree,

Where's the best place in Dublin to get a fry? I'm coming over with a few johnny foreigners and we want to pack our guts with good irish pig.

Cheers.

Alree,

Where's the best place in Dublin to get a fry? I'm coming over with a few johnny foreigners and we want to pack our guts with good irish pig.

Cheers.

Once it's not on a day I'm there, go to Howard's Way in Rathgar as it has categorically the best fry in Dublin.
I haven't had a better one in Ireland, actually.
It might not be worth the short hop on a bus out of town though if you're on a session and not too concerned about ultimate deliciousness.

Mmmm.. so hungry. I'd recommend the cafe that's part of the Camden Palace on Camden St, used to be called Heavenly, not sure what it's called now. Very tasty and pretty cheap too.

Once it's not on a day I'm there, go to Howard's Way in Rathgar as it has categorically the best fry in Dublin.
I haven't had a better one in Ireland, actually.
It might not be worth the short hop on a bus out of town though if you're on a session and not too concerned about ultimate deliciousness.

I just had a look at their menu as it's not far from me but there's no mushrooms or beans on the brekkie menu :eek: How can it be a full Irish without those? I'm kinda intrigued now as to what could make it so special. Best you've had in the country is lofty praise!

I just had a look at their menu as it's not far from me but there's no mushrooms or beans on the brekkie menu :eek: How can it be a full Irish without those? I'm kinda intrigued now as to what could make it so special. Best you've had in the country is lofty praise!

Mushrooms have no place on a plate of breakfast! :eek:
Beans can be added, they're flexible.
I don't add the beans.
What makes it so special is the freshness of the produce, and also the reasonably generous helpings. It's nice and filling, not greasy at all and just downright tasty.

huge-breakfast.jpg

Mushrooms have no place on a plate of breakfast! :eek:
Beans can be added, they're flexible.
I don't add the beans.
What makes it so special is the freshness of the produce, and also the reasonably generous helpings. It's nice and filling, not greasy at all and just downright tasty.

Right you've convinced me, I'll make do without the mushies this one time.

I can take or leave mushrooms in a fry.
Actually a large flat mushroom is preferable to smaller ones.

Beans are a no-no and my perception is that they're a British addition.

Crucial
------
Two to three large sausages. Must contain over 70% pork.
The quality of a sausage can make or break a fry.

Two rashers. They must hold their shape. Back rashers preferred.

White pudding and black pudding. Clonakility do a good black but their white is mysteriously lifeless.

Some form of fried potatoes are nice. Chopped small and seasoned with herbs.

The egg. One is generally enough. It must be properly cooked with a soft yolk. No clear bits.

Toast in Rathmines is good, Honest To Goodness too but Howards' Way is the king.

There is a new place in Terneure that is fantastic but I cant think of the name of it. been open about a year or so i think. It's on the same side of the road as the star newspaper building. some boring kinda name....aggghhhhh can't remember.......anyway all really good ingredients, top stuff.

Ok I think its called DelicatEssence

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back