Ireland (9 Viewers)

i know someone who used to work in that church behind college green when it was a tourist office. one day a colleague of hers called her attention and said 'hey, look what just arrived in the post!' and showed her a VHS cassette (though it could have been a VHS cassette box possibly?), and said 'it's way too heavy to be a tape! and there are wires sticking out of it!'

my friend; 'uuhhhhh....'

In the mid/late 80s my Dad brought me to the airport to collect my Mam who was flying back from the UK.
I dont remember much of it but apparently I insisted on getting her a present, so he gave me some money to shut up.
I toddled off to the womens toilets, bought a cardboard box of sanitary towles, wrapped then in something and hid them so she'd be suprised.
The bomb squad blew up my present and my Dad told me not to tell my Mam about it.

In the mid/late 80s my Dad brought me to the airport to collect my Mam who was flying back from the UK.
I dont remember much (if any) of it but apparently I insisted on getting her a present so he gave me some money to shut up.
I toddled off to the womens toilets, bought a cardboard box of sanitary towles, wrapped then in something and hid them so she'd be suprised.
The bomb squad blew up my present and my Dad told me not to tell my Mam about it.

that story is hilarious on many levels.

they're always hoaxes. When I worked up in East Wall you'd see the bomb squad around every few weeks. You'd rarely hear much about it in the news, other than the traffic disruption it caused.

Is it that they think it might be an unexploded Nazi bomb from the 40's that they're so cautious there?

Herself had been for a swim in the gym up from there, was walking home when this would've been going on. Didn't notice anything special happening. I suppose traffic there is so fucked you wouldn't notice

Is it that they think it might be an unexploded Nazi bomb from the 40's that they're so cautious there?

Herself had been for a swim in the gym up from there, was walking home when this would've been going on. Didn't notice anything special happening. I suppose traffic there is so fucked you wouldn't notice
nah when I was working there it was the drugs gangs annoying each other.

I seem to recall the bomb squad in Fairview was a weekly occurrence about 15 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back