Ireland vs Montenegro (1 Viewer)

I've only just got in, but I've heard that Rowlands has done his cruciate?

Fuck sake, told you all he was made of glass.

This match is fucking awful alright. Says it all when Stephen fucking Hunt is one of the best players on the pitch.
Bulgaria match sounds hilarious, 6-2 now, they were 6-1 up at half time.
Portugal were actually going out earlier but unfortunately they're playing Malta so have since taken the lead in their game.
Haha Paul McShane.

Edit: Rowlands did do his knee by the way. He was rolling all over the place when it happened, but he didn't seem in any pain as they were stretchering him off. He'll probably be out for at least a month I'm sure though.

Cyprus are 2 nil up now. Ah, what might have been! I know Italy don't have to bother but it still gets to me.

This game is fucking shite. (Using the tactic of bad mouthing it so that we'll score and prove me wrong). Actually it'd still be shite even if we do score. Lame!

That was like a really bad end-of-season friendly.. Feel sorry for Rowlands, his first chance in the team and that happens to him. Miller had a couple of decent through-balls but generally not great. We really struggled to exert any kind of dominance or unlock their defence. So much for finishing in style. I'm glad Italy managed to turn it around against Cyprus, would've been horrible imagining the what ifs!

I sometimes forget how bad McShane actually is but when you see him playing it's amazing that he's a professional footballer, his positioning is awful, his decission making is worse, he panics when he gets the ball and were it not for the ref's temporary blindness he would have given away a stone wall penalty.

He's just trying to prove he's as versatile as O'Shea and can play keeper too..

Slovakia qualified for their first World Cup. Fair dues to them, must have improved a fair bit since we played them under Stan. That group was weird, 1st and 2nd seeds underperforming terribly, the Nordies would've had a great chance if they'd got their act together.

Anyone see McShane doing the invisible yellow card thing when he was fouled in the first couple of minutes? What a knob.

It was a bad night. Uruguay v Argentina was appalling too.

we would have taken the playoffs when the group was announced, and fuck teh permutations of getting there. We got through the group unbeaten, and what's more, we never looked like being beaten, except in italy where many teams, better than us, would have taken a slap. players like whelan and lawrence and mcgeady are ten times the useless cunts they were 2 years ago. does anyone remember the train wreck that was stan's reign? i'll take dour over that any day. we're an obdurate bunch of bastards again, people don't like to play us. a couple of years ago cyprus walked away from croker pissed off they didn't win. now they have no chance. it's just a shame we can't meet switzerland in the playoffs, those cunts have it coming.

all in all, the football was never going to sumptuous, but where are you gonna be for the playoff, regardless of the opposition. in the pub with all your mates chewing on your scarf and bawling your head off. i thought those days were gone. they're not. bring it fucking on and fair play to them all, especially trap.

COME ON IRELAND.

fuck the begrudgers.

What was all that rot Hamilton was on about whenever Ireland go through a qualifying campaign unbeaten it's a good sign as we normally make the finals? We lost in Sofia on the way to Germany. Spain beat us in Seville in the Italia '90 qualifiers and they beat us in Dublin when qualifying for the next World Cup. In fact the only time we've qualified unbeaten was when Mick got us to South Korea/Japan.

We missed out on Swedan in '92 when we were unbeaten as well.

I am going to be in the horrors come the play-offs. It will eat me up inside. Nothing gets to me quite like Ireland in a play-off. It's a sickening scene. I can't wait.

I am going to be in the horrors come the play-offs. It will eat me up inside. Nothing gets to me quite like Ireland in a play-off. It's a sickening scene. I can't wait.
tell me about it, but i'll take that over not being in them any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back