Ireland v Greece (1 Viewer)

i still find it amazing that keogh, mcshane and o'dea make these squads!

as we all know trapp will use this game to try some new guys but then not use them for the qualifiers. its that reasoning that not having pearce, mccarthy (dont know much about him at palace) or pilkington is a mystery as trapp will always have the other 3 mentioned at the start in his qualifier squads.

like to see mclean, mccarthy, meyler and coleman start in the midfield with hoolahan behind walters.

when did gibson say he'd be available again? didnt see that anywhere.

with noel hunt scoring in the pl its mad that cox still ahead of him, or keogh for that matter.

Hunt's another one that dirtied his bib with Trap, isn't he? Was it over that goal in Italy?

I believe this is about as underwhelmed as i've ever been regarding Ireland. At least with Staunton there was there hilarity.

I believe this is about as underwhelmed as i've ever been regarding Ireland. At least with Staunton there was there hilarity.

Me too. I used to count down to Ireland matches from months before. Even weeks before any sort of qualifier I'd start getting pangs of tension. The day itself was almost unbearable. Friendlies were still an exciting chance to see some new players possibly force their way in. And in the late 80s-mid 90s were actually exciting, competitive games.

And now....I couldn't give an absolute bollocks.

Me too. I used to count down to Ireland matches from months before. Even weeks before any sort of qualifier I'd start getting pangs of tension. The day itself was almost unbearable. Friendlies were still an exciting chance to see some new players possibly force their way in. And in the late 80s-mid 90s were actually exciting, competitive games.

And now....I couldn't give an absolute bollocks.
Yeah, cheers Trap. Good job.

Lets face it folks, this friendly is just a cosmetic exercise to placate the fans and press. Traps inclusion of Hoolahan, Gibson et is only a temporary measure before he reverts back to type with the same rubbish players playing the same ghastly football.

Gibbo is injured. His thigh is fucked. Neville is one booking away from suspesion so we're sweating it a bit. Johnny H might get a run in midfield again which is a walking red card the likes of which you've never seen the likes of which.

Hoolahan hasn't been that great this season but to be fair I've only seen Norwich twice. McCarthy was excellent against Spurs though, so composed on the ball. Can we get Roberto Martinez as the next manager ? at least he loses the right way.

Shane Long has to start playing more for us, he's been really good for WBA this season, has all the right attributes.

Hoolahan hasn't been that great this season but to be fair I've only seen Norwich twice. .

The Guardian's Rob Smyth was waxing lyrical about the Ballybough schemer on Monday's football weekly. He's mystified that he's not at a bigger club. As am I. He was a magnificent player since he was playing with Shels and showing up that celebrated Depor midfield.

Greece have become a somewhat more entertaining team, if their Euros showing is anything to go on. In general under Trap the slightly more watchable friendlies have been the ones where he's forced into playing an experimental / understrength side, I'd give this one a look seeing as McCarthy, Coleman, Hoolahan, Brady etc are all likely to feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back