Ireland - Cyprus (2 Viewers)

I thought I'd seen the last of McShane. We meet again.

1-1, that's my prediction. We have a lot of bad players in this particualr team.

i'd be playing 3-5-2 with Fat Andy pulling the strings in the middle and Duff and McGeady causing havoc on the wings. We can't be too respectful to these cunts, they're basically shite.

I'd love skinnerchinners opinion on this...

I can't see Duff or McGeady tracking back so McShane (if he is played at left back) will be really exposed at times.

I've got the fear that we'll go one up then sit back on it and they'll equalise as a result of them over powering our midfeild and/or a McShane error.

It's Killer on the left, O'Shea shifted out right and McShane in the centre with Dunne.
Dunne will clean up his mess hopefully.
PS - Kerr is back to his worst snipiness in the Irish Times. Awful bullshit article - he's just aching for things to go wrong and contradicts himself all over the place.

We can't be too respectful to these cunts, they're basically shite.
Well this is an important point and one that I'd agree with Kerr on. Trap has played the media well into thinking that this is a very dangerous team etc etc. and people are buying it. They NEARLY got results against Italy and Georgia recently but so what? Those two were wretched in those games. Cyprus is more or less the same as it was four years ago...muck.

Any time there's bitching about being 'too defensive' or 'not creative' or 'Andy Reid'... Remember Stan, Cyprus Home & Away etc. etc.

i have no problems watching a boring team!
i'm not some millionaire who wants to watch attractive football! win at all costs is my moto!
0-0 and 1-0 will suit me fine

Some people here are massively underestimating Cyprus I reckon.
Like I said before, this is probably the best ever Cyprus football team, and if you want proof of how strong Cypriot football is right now, just look at the Champions League.

Any time there's bitching about being 'too defensive' or 'not creative' or 'Andy Reid'... Remember Stan, Cyprus Home & Away etc. etc.

I don't think the problem with Stan was that he was trying to be too creative or attacking, it was that he hadn't a fuckin clue what he was at.

Yeah, Stan was a fucking retard and no two ways about it, didn't have a fucking clue.

Despite the fact I think Cyprus are decent enough, I'm still gonna go with a 2-0 to Ireland tonight, we should still be strong enough to do em like!

the results cyprus got against us in the last two years, we were at our lowest ebb in decades. we are now just above that ebb, but that lowest ebb gives everything that comes after it a context. no matter how badly we play tonight, it WILL be a marked improvement on the last two times we played them. it can't not be. we owe cyprus, they think they twatted us, but really they just exacerbated an already farcical situation and expedited the removal of stan laurel from the helm. no bad thing. cyprus: irish heroes. now it's time to say, thanks, we're over that, and we're back to putting you swarthy fucks back in your box. get your hands off my bird, motherfucker.

I actually stole this off a guy I played football with once.
Me and me mates were playing on these grass fields, and a bunch of other lads came along, so we got together and had a big 9 v 9 match or something.
Anyway, just a friendly football match like, jumpers for goalposts and all that, but there's this black French-sounding fella playing for the other team. He's not really taking it seriously or anything, but at one point there are two guys going in for a 50-50 ball, and all you hear is this lad shouting Kill him! KILL HIM! At his team-mate. Total Bridge Over The River Quai stuff.
So of course me and my mates spend the rest of the game shouting "KILL HIM!" everytime anyone goes to tackle anyone, and piss ourselves laughing about it. This was like 3 years ago and we're still doing it!
On a side note, the Frenchie lad was fucking class, and actually looked like Daniel Amokachi, so we just know him as "Amokachi" now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back