interpol (was good) (1 Viewer)

gandhi

daycent i thought. they're unspeakably cool to be fair. i like the little shimmy the guitarist does. and choons to boot.

yea they were one of my favs at atp this year.when i heard they were supporting i got kinda jealous i didn't get a ticket.saw interpol before but,they're good and all but that bass player annoys the shit out of me.his pure existence is offending

kirstie said:
no, not at all. They're from Boston and have been going for years.

http://www.spoontheband.com/site/html/index.htm

Saw spoon in the Spitz in London about 3 years ago and they were fanastic.
hermie said:
yea they were one of my favs at atp this year.when i heard they were supporting i got kinda jealous i didn't get a ticket.saw interpol before but,they're good and all but that bass player annoys the shit out of me.his pure existence is offending

hermie said:
bass player

willard_poster.jpg

I never saw them at no ATP. Would have liked to have seen them last night but the gig sold out pretty much instantly. Shame they didn't do a headline date here.

kirstie said:
I never saw them at no ATP. Would have liked to have seen them last night but the gig sold out pretty much instantly. Shame they didn't do a headline date here.

sorry kirstie. sorry everybody. no more spoon chat. this thread is now officially a bad wizard thread.

bwiz.jpg

.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

"You know, I probably wouldn’t have even gone with it, but... Jesus, that’s gross... I wanted to call the band Black Power, but we played as that once, and these punk rockers threw bottles at us, so we decided to change the name. I didn’t even know about any of the stoner rock bands with similar names, like Electric Wizard for instance, but what happened was, my friend Marty was assed -out down on Flatbush Avenue, and he walked into a beverage store, and he said, ‘Give me some assed- out beer’, like Night Flight or whatever, and the guy says, ‘I’ve got Bad Wizard.’ So he says, ‘Oh, yeah, give me some of that’, but when he gets out to the car, he sees that it’s just a Budweiser. So he walks back in and says, ‘Hey I thought this was Bad Wizard’, and the guy says, ‘Eet iss, Bahd Weeser’. It was just his strange accent."

my little brother wanted to go to this so i went along with him (his first gig.. awwwh).

spoon weren't dreadful. they were just swimming in mediocrity. interpol were entertaining. songs off the first album were much better. they had all the girlies screaming anyway.

one mad thing is that they have started scanning tickets now, when we were waiting to get in, about four lads got kicked out. they had just bought dud tickets from some guy outside and they all had the same barcode or something. ouch!

Stacy said:
one mad thing is that they have started scanning tickets now, when we were waiting to get in, about four lads got kicked out. they had just bought dud tickets from some guy outside and they all had the same barcode or something. ouch!

My friend and I were discussing that when we were inside if could we have gone back out and sold our tickets and gone back in, I thought they just scanned them to check if they were legit and didn't rip the stubs because they were lazy. How did the smokers get back in then? Did modern technology force them to resort to the primitive idea of stamps?

Hopefuly this will stop those fucks on security at Oxegen from taking the tickets and reselling them.

Oh yeah, Interpol were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back