In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

I'm just going to ignore this thread for a while.
Maybe I have.

People mortgaging their homes to the limit, borrowing every penny they can from family and friends to follow a dream.
Risking everything they've achieved thus far in life.
I admire it as I play it safe and put my money in a 401k.

Is anyone here under the impression that opening a restaurant is some cheap venture?
If you want to gamble on something you love go right ahead if you lose every cent tough shit. Buy a ticket take the trip. Don't expect me to care about you.

I'm more of a help the guy with the knife in his back kind of lad.

I'm just going to ignore this thread for a while.

If you want to gamble on something you love go right ahead if you lose every cent tough shit. Buy a ticket take the trip. Don't expect me to care about you.

I'm more of a help the guy with the knife in his back kind of lad.

It was his arm.

But you should get an internet medal anyway.

I was once in a crowded park on a sunny day in London. This was in the middle of the day, in a crowded public space with families around. Some gang fighting broke out and shots were fired. A random guy who was tending his barbecue got hit in the crossfire. Lots of people came to his assistance while this fighting was going on.

I was once in a crowded park on a sunny day in London. This was in the middle of the day, in a crowded public space with families around. Some gang fighting broke out and shots were fired. A random guy who was tending his barbecue got hit in the crossfire. Lots of people came to his assistance while this fighting was going on.
I was at that barbque and I live tweeted photos of his blood with the hastags

Another saturday ruined

woe is me

and

fuck innocent victims.

Cos I'm fucking sound like that.

My situation was that this guy was specifically and deliberately shot.
People wanted violent harm to come to him.
I had no idea if the guy that had just shot him was going to follow him out of that alley.

I came to his assistance by getting him an ambulance. That's about as much help as I can be with gunshot wounds.

The gut reaction to violent street crime is not altruism.

But what if it was Chet Baker

Chet Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1968, Baker was savagely beaten (allegedly while attempting to buy drugs) after a gig in The Trident restaurant in Sausalito, California sustaining severe cuts on the lips and broken front teeth, which ruined his embouchure. He stated in the film Let's Get Lost that an acquaintance attempted to rob him one night but backed off, only to return the next night with a group of several men who chased him. He entered a car and became surrounded. Instead of rescuing him, the people inside the car pushed him back out onto the street, where the chase by his attackers continued, and subsequently he was beaten to the point that his teeth, never in good condition to begin with, were knocked out, leaving him without the ability to play his horn.

But what if it was Chet Baker

Chet Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1968, Baker was savagely beaten (allegedly while attempting to buy drugs) after a gig in The Trident restaurant in Sausalito, California sustaining severe cuts on the lips and broken front teeth, which ruined his embouchure. He stated in the film Let's Get Lost that an acquaintance attempted to rob him one night but backed off, only to return the next night with a group of several men who chased him. He entered a car and became surrounded. Instead of rescuing him, the people inside the car pushed him back out onto the street, where the chase by his attackers continued, and subsequently he was beaten to the point that his teeth, never in good condition to begin with, were knocked out, leaving him without the ability to play his horn.

I tried to stop a man beating his girlfriend on the street in Ballybough once.
They both turned on me. She clocked me one as I was holding his arms to stop him punching her. Called me every name going.
I flung him on the ground and scarpered.

My strategy after that was to call the Gards.
Which is almost, but not quite, the same as doing nothing.

My embouchure remains intact to this day.

The apology seems on the level to me.

Weird that other establishments are piling on though.

Isn't that a well established dirty trick in the restaurant trade, even if there's been no actual story or bad news? Joe's Cafe would like to make it clear that they are no way associated with Joe's Bar & Grill.

"What's wrong wirth Joe's Bar and Grill," the punter might ask.

Nothing, but now potential customers think there might be. It's the hospitality version of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

Isn't that a well established dirty trick in the restaurant trade, even if there's been no actual story or bad news? Joe's Cafe would like to make it clear that they are no way associated with Joe's Bar & Grill.

"What's wrong wirth Joe's Bar and Grill," the punter might ask.

Nothing, but now potential customers think there might be. It's the hospitality version of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

It sounds like they have history.

London Fields, my girlfriend was there that day. Long will it live in the annals of the gentrifying class

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back