In defence of hipsters (2 Viewers)

This is the problem my friends in bands, like the Milky Onions I posted above, have. Temples, Toy et al can basically afford to be in bands full time, have access to good gear, expensive recording studios, venues, clothes, record collections, get loads of press because they are rich and well-connected despite not being any good. None of them have full time jobs AFAIK so they can go around looking like scrawny plonkers and living the dream life when other bands have to scrape, save and beg to record albums and do it all in their spare time.

i hate the horrors and the ersatz, public school psych movement they spawned which is still the prevalent genre of music in london today. it's so shit!. chuck a rock in any direction and you're bound to hit some emaciated prick in winkle pickers, a tassled suede jacket and giant hair carrying battered guitar cases. just look at these pricks.

temples
2013EMTemples_089080113.jpg

toy
2012TOYDD310112.jpg

telegram
8646_464292990326985_926553786_n.jpg

they all came in the wake of/are mates with the horrors. i've seen them all live and they all suck. there's countless other bands in london with large trust funds, immaculate vintage clothes, cool drug habits and zero original ideas. it's pretty depressing. i place blame on the horrors (and brian jonestown massacre).

Where do Tame Impala fit in your venn diagram of hate?

That thought occurred to me earlier too. But it depends what connotations are on the word 'college'. Is it Eton style other-century weirdness or just somewhere tp go fro training after you leave school

That thought occurred to me earlier too. But it depends what connotations are on the word 'college'. Is it Eton style other-century weirdness or just somewhere tp go fro training after you leave school

I think in the 1960s, doing your A-levels instead of getting a job put you in a certain class. Certainly going to LSE did.

It's mostly interesting as to how they were marketed, as these lock-up-your-daughters rebels, especially in contrast to the 'nice guy' Beatles who were absolute fucking headers that lived 'the' life in Hamburg.

Think Mick went to grammar school which selective state funded schools for clever kids that award places in rank order of performance in their entry tests but not necessarily for young lords. His dad was a PE teacher.

Were they? I'm not sure I trust the guy who thinks the Beatles were always shit :/

I dunno, those Psychic Teens people are from the States. Psych-punk stuff always has acceptable level of received cool if you're from San Francisco or Philadelphia or somewhere. Besides the Horrors haven't sounded like that since their first album.

(I like the song BTW)

I dunno, those Psychic Teens people are from the States. Psych-punk stuff always has acceptable level of received cool if you're from San Francisco or Philadelphia or somewhere. Besides the Horrors haven't sounded like that since their first album.

(I like the song BTW)
Their from Philly so they're definitely not considered hip in their home town.

and yeah I was referring to that first Horrors album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back