In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

By the way that restaurant is incredible. Lovely people too. Everyone should eat there right this second. Stop making excuses and go. Now.

We'd never all get seats. I was living in East Wall the last 6 months. I expect to drop a stone in weight now that I'm away from Da Mimmo.

I read that review. Now I'm less of a person.

But it's clear it's a mickey take, right? Are we really taking this seriously?

where I'm from

Where do you people get the nerve to think you deserve nice food?
Ha I've been working and missed some of his other qrticles this is genius.
  • Brilliant, just amazing. While we're at it we could cut the budget for , say pensions so that we can build a wall around the north side and keep them out entirely no ? The wall did loads for Berlin's popularity in the long run with barely any downside right. Sure fuck old people anyway. And do "Skangers" really need schools ? I mean they never do fuck all with education they get, so fuck 'em like you can't teach a scumbag fuck all anyway so we could just cut all funding for schools in Ballymun, Tallaght, Dublin 8 and then we could build a decent subway system so we can all get to the airport without having to go anywhere near the top soil of the north side or have to deal with the unwashed and exiled

I'd say we put Courney Love in charge. She know's her shit like and she made at least one junky disappear without having to answer for it.

By "treatment" I mean
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"TREATMENT"

Ha ha ha ha yeah, Dalkey is pretty fucking quiet you shite bag.

I love this shit head he's amazing. Someone please show him this thread.

That sounds complicated. why don't we just have a cull?

I'll be honest, I don't get the furore. If the chap wants to write about the city he lives in in that way, he's entitled to. We live in a land of free speech, don't we? I think that if you disagree with his sentiments you can do better than slagging his beard. Frankly, that's the conversational equivalent of swinging a dig. "I think this."
"Yeah? Well, your head looks like a testicle."
It's not really an argument winner, is it?

We, as a community, must do better.

And, frankly, there's a lot of people in Dublin who don't have society's best interests at heart. This is sadly true.

Everyone is a snob. tell me that looking down on this person isn't snobbish. You think your ideology is superior. You sneer. I'm so bored by internet outrage. Outrage isn't a thing. There has to be more to the internet than fucking cats, outrage and pictures of paella.

I'll be honest, I don't get the furore. If the chap wants to write about the city he lives in in that way, he's entitled to. We live in a land of free speech, don't we? I think that if you disagree with his sentiments you can do better than slagging his beard. Frankly, that's the conversational equivalent of swinging a dig. "I think this."

And, frankly, there's a lot of people in Dublin who don't have society's best interests at heart. This is sadly true.

Everyone is a snob. tell me that looking down on this person isn't snobbish. You think your ideology is superior. You sneer. I'm so bored by internet outrage. Outrage isn't a thing. There has to be more to the internet than fucking cats, outrage and pictures of paella.

Free speech means you can't be arrested for saying something.

It doesn't mean you're free from being called an objectionable wanker when you say objectionable wanky shit.

Tbf childish name calling is how I resolve most of my conflicts

Free speech means you can't be arrested for saying something.

It doesn't mean you're free from being called an objectionable wanker when you say objectionable wanky shit.
Yeah, but that's just an opinion. Just like his is just an opinion. There's no irrefutable facts here. Just a load of moaning. A load of righteous outrage. Just a load of name calling and childish wankery. This has happened before, and none of looked great afterwards.

I don't know. Are we preaching tolerance here or what?

Anyone here ever been inside a modern tech company?

They are fucking kindergartens for 20somethings.

These people have nothing to teach us beyond writing some code.

They have nothing figured out for society. They are coddled babies.
And who does? Italian chefs? Junkies? Beggars? The Luas?

And who does? Italian chefs? Junkies? Beggars? The Luas?

I don't have all the answers, no one does.

But I'm pretty sure that the answer to Harbo's sometimes uncomfortable Luas journeys is not hiring one guy to fix it and pay for it all by building fewer rural roadways.

He is Viz's Spoilt Bastard all grown up and with a large Twitter following.

If we can't complain about the likes of dilettantes like him and their fairy tale solutions and effete snobbery, then I'm almost not sure what we would complain about.

You simply can't let pricks like that have the mic unanswered.

I don't have all the answers, no one does.

But I'm pretty sure that the answer to Harbo's sometimes uncomfortable Luas journeys is not hiring one guy to fix it and pay for it all by building fewer rural roadways.

He is Viz's Spoilt Bastard all grown up and with a large Twitter following.

If we can't complain about the likes of dilettantes like him and their fairy tale solutions and effete snobbery, then I'm almost not sure what we would complain about.

You simply can't let pricks like that have the mic unanswered.
Harbo's problem here is that he's missed the money by several hundred million. It's as if he thinks that there's no dosh being pumped into dealing with the existing problems. Because there is.

I personally have no problem with somebody voicing an opinion about the state of the gaff. I myself don't really enjoy knocking about town, and I hate being on that luas. Some (person) started on my child, because she was looking at him. She was two. In a buggy. I don't like the idea that when I'm travelling from a to b, that I have to be physically threatening to a gombeen.

This bloke, despite being a fairly poor writer and a socail naif, is actually saying something contrary to just about everything i hear and see on the interweb. Which is my fault for having such liberal friends, I suppose. So liberal that when someone on facebook posted that article by yer one giving out about travellers, someone replied that she was a twat who deserved to be slapped. Many "likes" ensued. Thusly i surmise that it's unacceptable to voice a negative opinion on travellers, but perfectly acceptable to use haterful, mysoginist language and advocate violence against women.

I'm sorry. I've just come to utterly despise the internet. It's full of fucking idiots, idolaters and narcissists. I don't care what you had for fucking dinner. I don't need knee jerkery.

Except you guys. You guys are alright.

Just let's not have another fiasco, people. We owe it to the Thumped brand to argue intelligently and articulately, and accept that contrary opinions exist. Saying that you think there's a lot of beggars, for example, at Luas stops, doesn't make one a racist. I realise that this dude is a bad example as a cause celebre, because, clearly he's not the sharpest knife in the Italian bistro.

It means a lot to me, because my last article broke Thumped.

Sorry, Pete.

Lost the run of meself now.

Un impressive mutton chops

He looks like he might have an old timey moustache though. Does he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back