In defence of hipsters (2 Viewers)

That Harbo dude is just some delusional posho schmuck, not that he's undeserving of all the mocking that he gets but recently some portion of people I know on the web discover him so I've had my attention drawn to him far more that I'd prefer.

As for his review of Fumbally, he's griping about public transport access, or rather lack of tram access, presumably by that he means the one that runs from Dundrum, and not the one from Tallaght with the scumbags he doesn't even bother to pretend not to hate. He could just hop off at Stephens green, stroll down Grafton Street and get on a 49 or a 54A which leaves him right beside it. Or get off a Harcourt street and it's about a 600m walk from there.

Didn't realise that Berlin has magic trams that you never have to transfer on and always leave you outside the door of the place you want to go.

I've been to Fumbally once or twice, which is surprising since it's only 5 mins from my house, and my only real gripe is that all their coffee is weirdly plum flavoured. The people who work there do seem a million times more hipster than me but were ge

as for Berlin, well... i've posted it before but this is still worth reading:
Sacking Berlin | Quinn Slobodian and Michelle Sterling | The Baffler

it actually compliments that britpop article quite well now that I think about it.

GREAT TECH SCENE THOUGH

The people who work there do seem a million times more hipster than me but were ge

meant to edit that bit out. Was gonna say: "The people who work there do seem a million times more hipster than me but were generally friendly so who cares what they look like" but that sounded far too open minded.

is that the brother hubbard kip? there's ques of fuckheads waiting to be seated in that place pretty much every day..

Haven't been there since it opened up. I sort of know the 2 lads that run the place through mutual friends and they seem sound. Glad it's going well for them

The guy is a cock. Apart from his hatred of working class people and his ludicrously inflated sense of self-importance, what I detest most about him is this. Because he's been lucky enough to make a few bob off a start-up, he talks, acts, maybe even believes, as if shiny tech companies can and will be the saviour of Ireland and tidily ignores the inconvenient truth behind their apparent success and benefit to the country.

Dublin's Inner City is slowly recovering from a multi-generation depopulation but if cunts like him have their way it would be done on the London/Manhattan model of excluding the poor, marginalised where possible and exiling them to the farthest suburbs or anywhere they don't have to be seen by MacBook toting cockswabs. If you don't like poor people or even people who are different enough from you that you might fear them then why the fuck would you live in a city in the first place?

The guy is a cock. Apart from his hatred of working class people and his ludicrously inflated sense of self-importance, what I detest most about him is this. Because he's been lucky enough to make a few bob off a start-up, he talks, acts, maybe even believes, as if shiny tech companies can and will be the saviour of Ireland and tidily ignores the inconvenient truth behind their apparent success and benefit to the country.

Tech is forever, and it always has been. ALWAYS!!! Except when the last bubble burst and it took me 18 months to find a graduate job.

Tech is forever, and it always has been. ALWAYS!!! Except when the last bubble burst and it took me 18 months to find a graduate job.

Apart from the instability you point out, the whole tax avoidance scaminess of a lot of the industry in Ireland, what % of the workforce is actually employed directly by these companies?

from my weekend ramblings Ive decided that a well timed drone strike on the flea market in the liberties would wipe out aprox. 90% of the hipsters in dublin. however I did pick up a copy of Roxy Musics 'for your pleasure' for a fiver so Im conflicted on this issue.

I asked why that market couldn't open earlier - the day is half-gone by 11.00am. Make it more in line with UK booters that are in full swing by 8.00am.

Response: don't you know it's a hipster market? They hate getting up early.

The entire right-on irish internet has turned against him. I hope Harbo stays strong and sticks to his beliefs. Dublin can still be Berlin!

this bit is great though:

Put one person in charge of this. Our city has over a million people living here. We welcome millions of tourists. 100s of people are sleeping rough, committing crime and making our city a scary place as a result. That sort of problem won’t be sorted through management by committee. It needs one person.

Is he looking for funding for a Robocop project?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back