In defence of hipsters (2 Viewers)

Well it's part of that is music an object or an experience debate. When my job at home was going bust and I had the option to move here (London) I was a bit miffed at leaving my CDs and DVDs and books at home but I have an ipod and laptop and kindle and honestly I've never missed anything I owned from home.

Except my amp. I really miss that amp. Christ it was loud.

I actually clear out any books and dvds I've read and watched on a pretty regular basis. I know I'm never gonna watch a film more than once, if even, these days. Albums are just that bit harder for me to get rid of, I end up gaining kind of a senitmental attachment to them

Well it's part of that is music an object or an experience debate. When my job at home was going bust and I had the option to move here (London) I was a bit miffed at leaving my CDs and DVDs and books at home but I have an ipod and laptop and kindle and honestly I've never missed anything I owned from home.

Except my amp. I really miss that amp. Christ it was loud.

I understand that completely.

I try and keep my collection down to the greats (Which for me is my Zambian, Nigerian, Turkish stuff and my soundtracks), I sold everything else. I love these records but I could conceivably put them in two boxes and take them with me if I was moving.

I had to move back home a couple of years back and I had a whole apartment full of shit that ended up having to go into storage. Most of that stuff I haven't given a second thought since I packed it up. So, I started selling off everything that I didn't need because at the end it's just a weight that ties you down. I sold about 400 records and it was a huge relief after they were gone.

I love those two boxes of records though.

I actually clear out any books and dvds I've read and watched on a pretty regular basis. I know I'm never gonna watch a film more than once, if even, these days. Albums are just that bit harder for me to get rid of, I end up gaining kind of a senitmental attachment to them

i could count on the fingers of one hand the number of records i've ever got rid of (two to crushes and a ministry 10" for a pack of smokes) and fewer still that i could see myself never wanting to listen to again.

Goodnight
275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back