In defence of hipsters (4 Viewers)

Well it's part of that is music an object or an experience debate. When my job at home was going bust and I had the option to move here (London) I was a bit miffed at leaving my CDs and DVDs and books at home but I have an ipod and laptop and kindle and honestly I've never missed anything I owned from home.

Except my amp. I really miss that amp. Christ it was loud.

I actually clear out any books and dvds I've read and watched on a pretty regular basis. I know I'm never gonna watch a film more than once, if even, these days. Albums are just that bit harder for me to get rid of, I end up gaining kind of a senitmental attachment to them

Well it's part of that is music an object or an experience debate. When my job at home was going bust and I had the option to move here (London) I was a bit miffed at leaving my CDs and DVDs and books at home but I have an ipod and laptop and kindle and honestly I've never missed anything I owned from home.

Except my amp. I really miss that amp. Christ it was loud.

I understand that completely.

I try and keep my collection down to the greats (Which for me is my Zambian, Nigerian, Turkish stuff and my soundtracks), I sold everything else. I love these records but I could conceivably put them in two boxes and take them with me if I was moving.

I had to move back home a couple of years back and I had a whole apartment full of shit that ended up having to go into storage. Most of that stuff I haven't given a second thought since I packed it up. So, I started selling off everything that I didn't need because at the end it's just a weight that ties you down. I sold about 400 records and it was a huge relief after they were gone.

I love those two boxes of records though.

I actually clear out any books and dvds I've read and watched on a pretty regular basis. I know I'm never gonna watch a film more than once, if even, these days. Albums are just that bit harder for me to get rid of, I end up gaining kind of a senitmental attachment to them

i could count on the fingers of one hand the number of records i've ever got rid of (two to crushes and a ministry 10" for a pack of smokes) and fewer still that i could see myself never wanting to listen to again.

Goodnight
275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back