In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

I don't think it was derogatory back in the '40sl.

Maybe not.

I've definitely seen references to it in books about New York / CBGBs in the context of the writer saying punk or at least early commentators on it was consciously "white" music, and anti-hipster.

One maybe in a Ramones biog which referenced a zine of the time. Maybe also in rip it up and start again, quoting a zine. And elsewhere i think. Wish I had a more precise memory for stuff like that.

James Brown - Bring It Up (Hipster's Avenue)...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1267607_10151913884611663_686874150_o.jpg

I know it was on broadsheet so we've all seen it but have to keep this thread up to date

I know it was on broadsheet so we've all seen it but have to keep this thread up to date

I never look at broadsheet. The comments section is like youtube, but for people who can't pronounce a "th" sound

I hadn't seen it. Moustaches really need to be stopped.
Beard or clean shaven there is no in between, yo.
I also now feel very old.

I never look at broadsheet. The comments section is like youtube, but for people who can't pronounce a "th" sound

Ugh, the vast majority of comments are correcting grammar. It's the worst when the topic is actually one of social, political or current affairs. I'm not looking for "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" in the form of a comment section.

Ugh, the vast majority of comments are correcting grammar. It's the worst when the topic is actually one of social, political or current affairs. I'm not looking for "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" in the form of a comment section.

+1

2:21
"If I was walking through a city and I didn't know it was Dublin I would know it was Dublin by the style"

0002eeb4-642.jpg

Wha are yooo, lookin ah yeh scaldy souh side cunt yeh ? I'll knock de bleedlin head off yeh wih dis fuckin hurdley.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon X 15

Yeh, walk on yeh fuckin bitch.

J'ye see the fuckin look she gave me ?

I'll take deh fuckin eye's ou'eh'ver bleedin skull if she duz ih again.

e86f27781b46938ff42fa8f6681b93e6.jpg

19th Century Russian hipsters

Vasily Kandinsky (right), Dmitry Kardovsky (centre), A. Seddeler (left) in the Azbe-Schule, Munich, c. 1897

I have no problem with hipsters at all. I hate ravers and soccer heads, especially if you were around in the late 80's & early 90's, extra especially if you were a rocker and when all your friends turned into ravers, you did as well. You are a spineless sack of shit. If you were a rocker who grew out of metal and widened your scope into other forms of music, not including rave..... that's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back