In defence of hipsters (5 Viewers)

"Hipsters are the friends who sneer when you cop to liking Coldplay. They're the people who wear t-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard of and the only ones in America who still think Pabst Blue Ribbon is a good beer. They sport cowboy hats and berets and think Kanye West stole their sunglasses. Everything about them is exactingly constructed to give off the vibe that they just don't care."
— Time, July 2009

Yer twistin my melon man!

The toe jam market behind GBS pub is a hipster commune if ever there was one.

Speaking of PBR and jam. Back in early 00's I use to go to a bar that had theme nights. One was PBR & PBJs. Loved it. You could get a Pabst (which was never good but always cheap) and a home made Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich or 3 bucks. Awesome. Upstate middle of nowhere NY, you can sometimes be so cool and ahead of your time.

beer and peanut butter and jam sandwiches... available for purchase...in bars ..for 3 dollars ? You have experienced shagri-la

did someone say SHAGri-la, baby???

austin4b.jpg

Speaking of PBR and jam. Back in early 00's I use to go to a bar that had theme nights. One was PBR & PBJs. Loved it. You could get a Pabst (which was never good but always cheap) and a home made Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich or 3 bucks. Awesome. Upstate middle of nowhere NY, you can sometimes be so cool and ahead of your time.

That explains it all hipsters are really financially challenged folk who get their clothes from thrift shops and go to cheap bars! Now I know. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back