IMRO Limited Online Exploitation Licence (1 Viewer)

IMRO does the collection in Ireland for everyone. oh except the punx.

heres hoping your right, I've had nearly 10,000 downloads off the blog in the past year, all out of print and 99% of the time I know someone in one of the bands (or through someone else). If IMRO come knocking they really can fuck right off. I'm trying to promote and pay homage to the hundreds of bands they never even fucking heard of, fuck them.

heres hoping your right, I've had nearly 10,000 downloads off the blog in the past year, all out of print and 99% of the time I know someone in one of the bands (or through someone else). If IMRO come knocking they really can fuck right off. I'm trying to promote and pay homage to the hundreds of bands they never even fucking heard of, fuck them.

Are any of those out of print bands members of IMRO though? This isn't about shutting down Pirate Bay or that kind of thing, it's about people who are members of an organisation who are billed with collecting money for them for performances/plays or whatever, right? From what I can tell by joining IMRO you actually sign off some of the rights to your songs? or recordings?

It's also about pushing old legislation on new technology and watching everything fall apart

How about e-mailing mp3s?
How will IMRO find that out and will the senders have to pay?

from now on if you want to hear a song you e-mail the blogger your home address and they post a tape to you

my respect to the bands that have pulled out of it. i hope that's not whitewashed on the night and that IMRO acknowledge the contentious issue behind their withdrawal and maybe start thinking like some of the bands in their association rather than some of the record companies.

my respect to the bands that have pulled out of it. i hope that's not whitewashed on the night and that IMRO acknowledge the contentious issue behind their withdrawal and maybe start thinking like some of the bands in their association rather than some of the record companies.

There aren't any record companies in IMRO.

according to the imro site the gig started 12 minutes before this post - is anyone at it??

I'm not 100% against the principal of this licience in certain cases but I've been thinking about all this. The implications are actually massive. It may have started with them but it's not about blogs and it's not about Irish bands or IMRO or Ireland. All the MROs are connected and this is probably a worldwide thing. It sounds more like an attack on the mp3 format than anything else. Sure blogs can keep providing links to music hosted by the bands themselves. Which means the bands' hosting company is liable for the bill. They refuse to pay (and who'd expect them to) the bands can't provide mp3s. So every band and record company moves to the soundclouds and youtubes who already have things in place.... you can see the potential problems here.
Bands can get creative though and find other ways to provide their digital music free and directly to people, it's already got me thinking and I've got some ideas.

There aren't any record companies in IMRO.

stupid of me to say and fair cop

as far as i understand though many board members of IMRO over the years have had a record company background, and where I'm coming from is that it seems to me that IMRO is more concerned with the interests of established than 'emerging' artists.

I was at it, really good gig and no there was no mention of the two bands that pulled out.
The Minutes were fantastic, a really powerful rock n' roll set and I was surprised by Miracle Bell who I also really enjoyed.
Probably gonna head along to Miracle Bell's album launch at Andrews Lane next friday on the strength of their set last night.

according to the imro site the gig started 12 minutes before this post - is anyone at it??

Anyone know the Whatmans stance on this issue?

They are, after all, regarded as ireland's hardest working band.

First time seeing miracle bell, thought there were class. The minutes are funny fuckers too.

Massive respect for dave fanning-he was clearly in bits but still did a pro job of introducing the bands and spent time chatting to each band beforehand and afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back