Illustration / Drawing for Adults (1 Viewer)

jonah

Has anyone ever taken a class on illustration for adults, or found any workshops/courses that are worthwhile in Dublin?

Finding anything online is proving pretty difficult, and I'm really just looking for something to do on a weekly basis - any ideas?

I did one of Chris Judge's illustration courses a few years ago, in a vain attempt to give myself a kick up the arse

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness and cabaret artists--looks like fun

The United Arts club do regular life drawing sessions, again I don't think it's teacher led, just a drawing group

There is Adrienne Geoghan's Illustration BootCamp which seems pretty popular

I did one of Chris Judge's illustration courses a few years ago, in a vain attempt to give myself a kick up the arse

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence* and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness** and cabaret artists--looks like fun

The United Arts club do regular life drawing sessions, again I don't think it's teacher led, just a drawing group

*confidence
**burlesque

Stupid auto correct

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness and cabaret artists--looks like fun

Ive a mate who is a life model who didn't have a hugely great opinion of dr. sketchy's.

there are a fuckload of community group art things that do the same thing without the branding.

but do you trust the judgement of someone who'd accept an invitation to a place called dr. sketchy's to take their clothes off?

Thanks for the help @johnnystress and @Theodore Kaczynski :)

All great suggestions. I was looking for something straight on illustration / childrens illustration based rather than much life drawing, but all these links look helpful and a better place to begin maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back