Illustration / Drawing for Adults (1 Viewer)

jonah

Has anyone ever taken a class on illustration for adults, or found any workshops/courses that are worthwhile in Dublin?

Finding anything online is proving pretty difficult, and I'm really just looking for something to do on a weekly basis - any ideas?

I did one of Chris Judge's illustration courses a few years ago, in a vain attempt to give myself a kick up the arse

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness and cabaret artists--looks like fun

The United Arts club do regular life drawing sessions, again I don't think it's teacher led, just a drawing group

There is Adrienne Geoghan's Illustration BootCamp which seems pretty popular

I did one of Chris Judge's illustration courses a few years ago, in a vain attempt to give myself a kick up the arse

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence* and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness** and cabaret artists--looks like fun

The United Arts club do regular life drawing sessions, again I don't think it's teacher led, just a drawing group

*confidence
**burlesque

Stupid auto correct

It's not a teaching course though,I think the intention is to give you coincidence and motivation...which obviously didn't work on me

Dr Sketchy's is a drawing group that have regular meetings...mainly drawing Brusqueness and cabaret artists--looks like fun

Ive a mate who is a life model who didn't have a hugely great opinion of dr. sketchy's.

there are a fuckload of community group art things that do the same thing without the branding.

but do you trust the judgement of someone who'd accept an invitation to a place called dr. sketchy's to take their clothes off?

Thanks for the help @johnnystress and @Theodore Kaczynski :)

All great suggestions. I was looking for something straight on illustration / childrens illustration based rather than much life drawing, but all these links look helpful and a better place to begin maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back