ikea (1 Viewer)

i was looking for a frame for some art I bought at the supersonic festival... only ikea seemed to have the size because it was a non-standard original print???

paid £18 pounds. managed to break the glass putting in the picture. it was brittle as fuck.

do they have replacement glass?

no

fuuuuuu.jpg

We got some Habitat shelves about 6 years ago which are still rock solid - are Ikea about the same standard or better/worse?

Ikea quality's a bit more variable than Habitat I reckon, depending on whehter you go for their dirt-cheap ranges or their slightly higher priced stuff.

Writing the above sentence made me feel very middle class and middle aged.

Ikea quality's a bit more variable than Habitat I reckon, depending on whehter you go for their dirt-cheap ranges or their slightly higher priced stuff.

Writing the above sentence made me feel very middle class and middle aged.

i found myself nodding in agreement with your first sentence.

now i too feel middle-class and middle-aged.

So I dismantled my expedit shelves cause I couldnt get them down the stairs, and it worked fucking perfectly, only 8 screws to remove and all the dowels stayed perfectly in place and didnt snap off, took ten minutes to take apart and ten to put back together, fucking amazing :)

We went to ikea last week. It's enjoyable to walk around even if you don't buy anything. The stuff looks really nice in the shop although it might get a bit tiresome if everyone who visits your house says 'I have one of those'. We bought CD storage thing, which I assembled on Thursday. I had forgotten how a bit of flat pack assembly can make a soft-centered white boy feel like a real man. I almost felt like signing up for UFC afterwards but instead just sorted my CDs by genre.

I made a birdhouse yesterday and organised my garage's workbench. I felt like a real man.
(birdhouse is wobbly and when I say "oranised the workbench" I mean wired up old computer speakers and played Anthrax load while I pottered about)

I made a birdhouse yesterday and organised my garage's workbench. I felt like a real man.
(birdhouse is wobbly and when I say "oranised the workbench" I mean wired up old computer speakers and played Anthrax load while I pottered about)

I've no idea what "oranising a workbench" means but it sounds really fucking dirty. Fair play Anthony.

Got a bed settee thing from there last week - after putting it together I noticed there a bad 'damp' kinda smell from the matress. We ended up bringing it back and they replaced it - there seems to be a similar odor on this one too (but not as strong). Very weird.

There returns service is kinda crap too - basically they refund you so you have to buy the item again - queue to pay for it and then queue 20mins+ for them tto get it for you..

Apart from the smell its a nice product.

2 big pasta plates, 2 bowls, 1 small plate, a wok and a big pint glass with a handle and I got change out of £5 yesterday.

They had some crazy 5 bowl/plate/glass combo for £1 going on cos of the bank holiday. People were going mad for the stuff. Suited me down to the ground as I've just moved into a new place.

Every place I've rented here in the UK has had nearly identical furniture all from Ikea though. Same couch, same bed etc. Wonder if that's the way rented places in Ireland will go now. Looks ok, cheap enough and easy enough to replace when it inevitably breaks

probably. it makes me sad considering how many trees we manufacture in Ireland that we just dont back engineer all the ikea shit and make own furniture. it will push 'irish' looking furniture made with old school methods into the realm of rich people only.

probably. it makes me sad considering how many trees we manufacture in Ireland that we just dont back engineer all the ikea shit and make own furniture. it will push 'irish' looking furniture made with old school methods into the realm of rich people only.

we haven't been educated to be creative and innovative enough to do that sort of thing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back