If it were socially acceptable to ________, I would __________. (Fill in the blanks.) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 111
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 9
Re: If it were socially acceptable to ________, I would __________. (Fill in the blan

If it were socially acceptable to wank on the bus, I wouldn't have bought a van.
And I'd still be using public transport.

Re: If it were socially acceptable to ________, I would __________. (Fill in the blan

why do birrrrrds sud-den-ly ap-pear....

If it were socially acceptable to be gorillas, I would be mot as scare now.

hold up, shouldn't it be "if it was socially acceptable..."

i'm basing this on google results: 902 for "if it were socially"
10,100 for "if it was socially"

if it were socially acceptable to publicly piss into the nearest convenient receptacle or just straight onto the street, i would drink more water on a day-to-day basis.

hold up, shouldn't it be "if it was socially acceptable..."

i'm basing this on google results: 902 for "if it were socially"
10,100 for "if it was socially"

Ask yourself this: which is more likely, Google to be inaccurate or Jane to make a grammatical error?

no offence to jane, but 10,000 to 900 swings it in googles favour for me.

i think if the "i" becomes "you" in the second part, you say "if i were" e.g. if i were to exist, you would have no money

if the i stays i in the second part, like this thread title, you use "was".

"if i were a carpenter, and you were a lady..."

If it were socially acceptable to promote a flatulence competition, I would start an organisation called WIFF (World International Flatulence Federation).

i think if the "i" becomes "you" in the second part, you say "if i were" e.g. if i were to exist, you would have no money

if the i stays i in the second part, like this thread title, you use "was".

"if i were a carpenter, and you were a lady..."

no, that's not the rule at all

It's an example the past subjunctive mood being used to express a hypothesis. You use "were".

here's an example I got off the web, froog - you'd only say "if it was" if you're talking about something in the past that actually probably did happen.

Use “If it were” for a hypothetical, contrary-to-fact situation in the present.
Use “If it was” for a real situation in the past.
If it were a fake, the forensic analysis would show it.
If it was an artificial item, it was a very good fake, because I couldn’t tell the difference.

if froog were more grammatically rigorous, he would not be so pwned right now

grammar nazi''''s!!!!!1lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back