i think i'm dying (1 Viewer)

i'll live. going to the doc tonight, i think. fingers crossed i'll get a cert.

Well, i'm not dying.

I finally got to go to my GP's at 9 this morning, only to spend 3 hours there to be told to go to A&E, so off i went to Blanchardstown hospital.

Arrived at the hospital at 2pm & finally got to see a doctor at 7.30pm - apparently because of my symptoms I was considered a "priority" case so wasn't left waiting as long as other people there. Thanks a lot, Mary Harney.

Anyways eventually I was sent for xrays & pee tests (refused to do the blood tests due to my insane needle phobia) and it turns out that, as suspected, i've a kidney stone. It would seem the pain i've been experiencing is the little bastard working his way out.

So I eventually got the all clear (they were threatening to keep me in & operate) & was sent home just before 10pm with some painkillers, some anti inflammatories and (at least) a week off work. Now I just wait & see what comes to pass, as it were.

Result!

pete said:
woke up at 4am feeling like someone was sticking a knife in my back. been up since then, rolling around on the floor groaning. i don't ever go to the doctor, but i nearly rang an ambulance there.

and then... it stopped.

La La said:
jaysus that sounds rough.

but you should get it checked out, it could be a kidney stone or something.....
worth getting a doctor to check you

pete said:
it turns out that, as suspected, i've a kidney stone. It would seem the pain i've been experiencing is the little bastard working his way out.

!

now that's what i call a good diagnosis! straight off the bat too.

all the best pete, hope it passes soon
:)

I was told that if you have a habit of eating too quickly you're in a high risk zone for gall stonez.

A guy i was in college with had them at 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back