I saw a thing in the garden (3 Viewers)

Don't forget the aul birds in this weather. Seeds are out.

I got me some wood pigeons, starlings, robins, a blue tit, an old crow or two and a couple of dopey looking seagulls.

HALP!

Flora this time. What is this and what should I do with it?

Some previous resident potted this thing years ago. I haven't been down that end of the deck over winter (which is a shame, but different story), but it's grown massively since I was last there, by itself. All the other pots and planters are looking quite sad.

Opportunities abound, but what is this thing:

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_165213.jpg
    IMG_20240128_165213.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240128_165053.jpg
    IMG_20240128_165053.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
It's not terribly hard to dispose of an Xmas tree around here, and yet some people are just pricks.
Amazing how it collects other bits and bobs as it moves towards the sea. We had a lot of rain last night so detritus appears. There's a curious coot in the pic also. There's also loads of styrofoam out of frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_115021.jpg
    IMG_20240207_115021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
And now, a flotilla of footballs. Xmas presents gone astray I'd guess.

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_124650.jpg
    IMG_20240207_124650.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
HALP!

Flora this time. What is this and what should I do with it?

Some previous resident potted this thing years ago. I haven't been down that end of the deck over winter (which is a shame, but different story), but it's grown massively since I was last there, by itself. All the other pots and planters are looking quite sad.

Opportunities abound, but what is this thing:
There's an app called Picture This which is pretty good at ID'ing plants.

The only problem is, it tries to always give you an answer, and doesn't give you a confidence score. So sometimes it says silly things, then you'll need to ask it again. But on the whole, it's pretty accurate.

Is 'a while' doing some heavy lifting there?
I wouldn't really differentiate between "not losing too much money" and "breaking even-ish", but it was actually turning a profit for two periods when I had banner ad deals with two irish ad agencies. I can't remember how long each was in place, but neither lasted.

edit: Just to be clear, after expenses (almost*) all of the ad money went to contributors. I just found an old thread in the writers forum - between 2010 and 2015 I had paid out €15,040 to writers. It went on a bit longer, but once the ads dried up that was the end of that.

* I think I bought myself a Dyson, which my mother now has

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back