I saw a thing in the garden (6 Viewers)

white-spotted-pinion

"The rarest of the four British Cosmia species, the White-spotted Pinion underwent a rapid decline as a result of Dutch elm disease during the 1970"

Seems they are rare so I naturally uploaded my sighting to the National Biodiversity Data Centre

#youknowyouregettingoldView attachment 17402View attachment 17403
Did you get consent before sharing pictures of your mot online?

She's maybe 15mm long, quite chonky looking, with gold and brown hoops on the legs. The legs are translucent. She's built a pretty sizeable web between the potted plants. I'm terrified.

HALP!!

Attachments

• IMG_20230814_105253.jpg
    IMG_20230814_105253.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
She's maybe 15mm long, quite chonky looking, with gold and brown hoops on the legs. The legs are translucent. She's built a pretty sizeable web between the potted plants. I'm terrified.

HALP!!
Ah, yes.

The Night Penis Creeper.

As long as you keep roughly 100 meters away from her at all times, and don't have a penis you'll be fine. Otherwise, things will likely get very messy.

I saw a sparrowhawk getting mobbed by swallows over the weekend.
Swallows! I've held swallows, they're barely there at all. The balls on them to mob a sparrowhawk.

my large lady friend in the shed is making a nest. she'd usually dart away when i lifted a plane out or put one back, but not tonight, she was concentrating.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The flying ants are back.
I suspect this is the last batch of flying ants of the year now. Sad face. House martins are still shooting around hoovering them up presumably.

flants.

What's this guy? Never seen it before. Could just be an odd coloured duck but it's walking around like it owns the place, it's smaller, and not as noisy as the other ducks.

Attachments

• IMG_20231026_170926.jpg
    IMG_20231026_170926.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Not exactly sure. Thing certainly walks around like it's from Brent.
But you're definitely close.

Edit: I think you're actually right. I can't find pics of a pale bellied one, but here it is. Why would it come here from Siberia? Fairplay to it.
Winner for Cormcolash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back