I need a book recommendation.. (1 Viewer)

The Schnapper

Golly gosh
It's been too long since i've got stuck into a really good book. Can someone recommend me a book that I will most likely not be able to put down once I get into it?

I'm open to all types

It's been too long since i've got stuck into a really good book. Can someone recommend me a book that I will most likely not be able to put down once I get into it?

I'm open to all types

If you're talking fiction, do you like modern stuff or 19th century classics or something else? Do you mind long books (600+)?

If you're talking fiction, do you like modern stuff or 19th century classics or something else? Do you mind long books (600+)?

Pretty much anything other than Science ficton which I should have said above actually. I don't mind what lenght the book is once it's a good read to be honest..

Cloud Atlas, though it takes a while to get used to the lingo at the start.

The Crow Road.

Birdsong was lovely.

I generally can't put any book down - that and the fact I read pretty quickly means I get through about 10 - 15 books a month. Waterstones is feckin killin me being on my walk home!

Ok, then i really recommend the Count of Monte Cristo. A ripping page turner with deadly characters, but it's about 1200 pages long. I read it in about 2 or 3 weeks, whereas I'd normally only read about 100 pages a week.

Other can't-go-wrong classics are:

Crime and Punishment
Don Quixote
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Anna Karenina

For 20th century stuff maybe try Cannary Row or One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Once again though, the Count of Monte Cristo is a deadly rapid buzz.

The Malacia Tapestry by Brian Aldiss is a great read. its a sort of a sci-fi/fantasy thing about this foppish actor poncing about Malacia drinking and riding all the women and embarking on daring adventures just to try and score the daughter of the rich man. he also becomes accidentally mixed up with revolutionaries that he disapproves of

edit: never mind then

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back