I just got attacked by a dog (1 Viewer)

brianoak

I haven't been chased by a dog since I used to play football on the road when I was a kid. I just got ambushed by a big black dog on my way back from the shop. Scared the shit out of me, made me trip and mash my hands up then the fucker came at me when I was on the ground and I had to kick him/her away. Then it ran after me up the road. I took a different route home to avoid it and it was fucking sitting in the garden across the street harassing traffic.

I'm pretty good with dogs and don't get freaked out even when they are going a bit mental but the ambush, the fact it went for me on the ground and the fact that there is rabies here scared the shit out of me. I called the cops which means it will get taken to the humane society(read put down) if they catch it. There loads of kids in my neighborhood though so fuck it.

While I am on the subject, a coupleof weeks ago a pitbull that was tied up on the other side of the fence in my backgarden managed to get on top of the fence and then fall into my garden thus hanging itself in the process. I didn't want to help it by lifting it down because it would have turned on me for sure so I was going to stick a chair under it and leg it. Just as I was walking down it escaped from it's collar and bolted down the alley to harrass the neighbourhood.....I don't understand why people, if they are going to keep dogs like this don't muzzle them or look after them properly

when i was five i tried to play Lego with this dog that used to hang out in our garden (we lived i a maisonette). everything was going fine for a few minutes until i reckon he decided he didn't like Lego and he bit me.

:-(

99% of dog bites are dogs biting their owners. 'Tis rare enough that dogs actually attack strangers. Obviously, they bark and may even chase and harass strangers, but they rarely bite them.

99% of dog bites are dogs biting their owners. 'Tis rare enough that dogs actually attack strangers. Obviously, they bark and may even chase and harass strangers, but they rarely bite them.

I was bitten by two dogs within a few months. Badly. Unprovoked attacks. Has made me permanently wary of dogs. Chasing and harassing strangers is not on either. I hate when people say "he won't hurt you", "he's only messing" when their dog starts to intimidate me.

As the owner of a large dog I can say that he is never allowed out alone and when he goes out for walks with me or other members of my family he is always collared and leashed.Although my dog is a cutey and wouldn't hurt a fly, I do understand that he is huge and that other people might be afraid if he ran towards them. people who let their dogs out to wander alone and terrorise others are pricks.

t

the fact it went for me on the ground and the fact that there is rabies here scared the shit out of me.

There is? I read something about someone getting rabies abroad and coming back here, but you are saying that there is a population of animals in this country with rabies?

There was a pack of dogs that hung around the Newtown Mount Kennedy region, on some back roads on the back of a hill we used to use once in a while that were remarkably fast and vicious. Once they pack up like that its not good news. Fairly frightening coming through there on the bikes so it was.

There is? I read something about someone getting rabies abroad and coming back here, but you are saying that there is a population of animals in this country with rabies?

There was a pack of dogs that hung around the Newtown Mount Kennedy region, on some back roads on the back of a hill we used to use once in a while that were remarkably fast and vicious. Once they pack up like that its not good news. Fairly frightening coming through there on the bikes so it was.

I'm in Toronto. I'm pretty sure there is no rabies in Ireland.

I have been chased by plenty of dogs when out on the bike too. Not pleasant.

As the owner of a large dog I can say that he is never allowed out alone and when he goes out for walks with me or other members of my family he is always collared and leashed.Although my dog is a cutey and wouldn't hurt a fly, I do understand that he is huge and that other people might be afraid if he ran towards them. people who let their dogs out to wander alone and terrorise others are pricks.

t

well not just big dogs but all dogs shouldn't be allowed out alone.

i was once walking our own dog, a medium sized dog, and from one of the houses we were walking by, their dog, 1/5th the size of our dog, comes to attack us. at that time, a jeep was going by and kills the little dog. it haunted me for a while.

i've also had issues with dogs attacking me when i was cycling, at that point, i panic wshen they attack me out cycling

these horrible dogs ruin the loveable mongrel that every estate (well, mine) had when you were growing up. They wandered around the estate, loved playing fetch and generally cheered everyone up.

why complicate matters?

instead of blaming the victim, the owner etc - just call a prick a prick and blame the prick of a dog.
It's NEVER the dogs fault. It's usually the owners fault, occasionally the victims fault. And as far as attacking cyclists goes, dogs are just doing what we'd all like to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back