I have the horn for... (8 Viewers)

Thos types of solos used to give me massive panic attacks, to the point of shutting down, I'd have to quickly walk out of range of the music if I heard it, but even hearing it for a minute or two would have me reeling for hours. Even listening to it now gives me anxiety and an uncomfortable feeling in my teeth. Sometimes there were lads playing this stuff in Wash Sq in the Village, and I'd have to pack up lunch and leg it if they started up.
I hear conversations and trains of thought and ideas. But your not the first person who'd have that kinda reaction. I'd love to be able to be fluid playing at that level.

I hear conversations and trains of thought and ideas. But your not the first person who'd have that kinda reaction. I'd love to be able to be fluid playing at that level.
Yeah, I've heard that said before. Lot's of people that know about Jazz (nice) say similar stuff.
But yeah, the discordance, the sharps and flats, are physically uncomfortable and make me wince and stuff. It sounds like it's mocking something, although I'm not sure what it's mocking.

Yeah, I've heard that said before. Lot's of people that know about Jazz (nice) say similar stuff.
But yeah, the discordance, the sharps and flats, are physically uncomfortable and make me wince and stuff. It sounds like it's mocking something, although I'm not sure what it's mocking.
I'm now trying to be critical of how you enjoy music by the by. If I walk into a bar and Coldplay are playing, I walk out of the bar again.

I'm mostly thinking of sitting in my sunny Italian balcony having my morning espresso while the Italian dream lady signs prog sounding shit from the inner rooms of the apartment. (Nice)

I'm now trying to be critical of how you enjoy music by the by. If I walk into a bar and Coldplay are playing, I walk out of the bar again.

I'm mostly thinking of sitting in my sunny Italian balcony having my morning espresso while the Italian dream lady signs prog sounding shit from the inner rooms of the apartment. (Nice)
If Coldplay are on would you physically cringe and wince? Or would you go, that's a shit tune, not having a pint with that shite, see ya.

Your Italian dream lady's a ride BTW, fair play. I hope she's not planning on going out wearing only that though. Even in Italy.

If Coldplay are on would you physically cringe and wince? Or would you go, that's a shit tune, not having a pint with that shite, see ya.

Your Italian dream lady's a ride BTW, fair play. I hope she's not planning on going out wearing only that though. Even in Italy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was watching this earlier which is kinda in the zone of this chat, or at least where music and the body meet

Depends how loud the Coldplay music is.
If it’s loud, not even looking at what beers they have. U turn upon entry

If it’s playing in the background it’s fine because that’s where their genre lives

I propose we add a Coldplay conversation to every single thread on Thumped.
Except the horn thread. The horn thread is sacred.
I was at an avant garde kind of show a few nights ago

Avant garde insofar as there was just this singer witha guitar on stage who didn't acknowledge the audience and just kind of goofed around with their guitar.
Like it wasn't necessarily songs, but also not NOT songs.
Like laying guitar on the floor and trying to play it while holding it steady between knees.

Then halfway through the set she played Yellow and everyone started nodding along.

No idea how ironic the cover was supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back