I have a question... (1 Viewer)

Rockinchick22

Website
Visit site
Alright, I am staying in Dublin for a week- I'm from Chicago. I made a post before about some places to check out- and I went to the Secret book and record store- and it was pretty cool. Are there any other places I can check out that have either punk music, clothes, ect.? And are there any places that I can go where I could meet people?
Thanx
Ashley

right back atcha Im gonna be in Chicago for a couple of hours on my way to Detroit. anywhere cool to check out for me??? When you arriving, im sure we can muster up a few people to show you around.

gar

Well as far as going to Chicago, If you have time, I would take the Red Line train and get off at Belmont. Belmont and Clark is an area with a bunch of small venues and stores (a few thrift stores), tattoo shops, record stores, bars, ect.- in that area you will find a lot of artsy, rock and punk people.
Right now I'm staying at Bewleys Hotel in Newlands Cross. But of course I am here with my family- its ok sometimes but ahhhhh I cannot stand being with them all of the time!
~Ashley~

Hmm, Maybe Asha on the top floor of the stephens green shopping centre for general clothes etc. its the Dublin equivalent of a Hot Topic store though. wont be in chicago long enough to get a train unfortunatly. ill probably end up wandering around for a few hours and eating. To be honest store wise there is very little in Dublin that caters for "punks" Theres a few places in Temple bar where you might pick up some stuff, "The Eager Beaver" and maybe "Fresh" are clothes stores. Theres borderline records there too. There arent too many gigs this week though, unless you are willing to drive 5 hours to Donegal to see us! :p i fuckin hate driving, there and back , pain in the hoop.

what ya need to do is grab a bottle of bucky, down it in one, make your way to the trinity steps and wait for the real punx arrive.

or ya can go to gigs.

as far as clothes are concerned real punks, sorry.... real punx dont buy clothes, or change them.....

some real things to do would be go to bray and check out atom records....they even hav one steam pig shirt (your allowed to buy band t shirts...as long as they are either dirty or ripped !)
There's loadsa nature things like glendalough and the burren..if your into that.

jesus there is actually nothing to do in ireland....except go online and be a sarcastic bastard. so go grab a lump of hash and numb you mind..you might even fool yourself into thinking that ireland is a nice place after all!!

mc moley said:
jesus there is actually nothing to do in ireland
there's plenty to do; you can drink in trinity, drink in stephens green, drink in the garden of remembrance, drink on the streets, drink at home, drink in a pub, drink at gigs, drink in other people's gaffs.........the list goes on
(that's the Alcoholic Ireland tour package.........i'll be your guide if you pay for my booze)

Best thing to do is to keep moving around the country. Everywhere has a tendency to get very dull very fast, and there are too many skangers.

Alright, thanx guys for the help, I will see what I can do. And oh yeah, if you dont have time to take the train while youre in chicago then just go to the sears tower. Its interesting, I guess...
~Ashley~

sears tower in chicago is like the spike on o connell street. you hear all about it, you see pictures, but once you get up to the big city to see it, you look at it once, it gets old and you leave. quick. go to portlaoise! theres 4 of us down here! its a blast!

under no circumstances go to portlaoise, its midlands central, muha and then they put a prison there, who the hell would wanna escape if all they saw was portlaoise from their prison window, the midlands are the suckiest thing about ireland and im from the bog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back