I hate pink floyd (3 Viewers)

I can't fucking stand Pink Floyd, it's not so much down to their music which admittidley I don't like but it's more down to their militant fans.

As soon as you mention that you don't like the floyd they'll have about 50 fits then demand you listen some 'early stuff' as if all you know is the wall or Wish You Were Here.

Also next time you're around at their house and once you say (again) that they're shit, you're told that if you listen to them stoned or if you take acid or stick on the fucking Wizard of Oz then you'll really get them.....

Fuck that shit :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't fucking stand Pink Floyd, it's not so much down to their music which admittidley I don't like but it's more down to their militant fans.

the only thing worse then the millitant fans are the boring cunts who feel the need, with no invitation, to tell you how much they hate pink floyd... !zed !zed !zed

I know this sounds unlikely, but I decided to send a link to this thread to [email protected]... imagine my surprise this morning when this appeared in my inbox

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Thumped
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:45:01

Hi Pantone

Thanks for the mail linking to this thread, I had no idea so many people felt so strongly about Pink Floyd, it was a real eye opener for me and the boys. Obvioulsy we broke up many years ago, so I'm hard pushed to know exactly what I can do to rectify this awful state of affairs. But...

I have spoken to the guys at the label and they agree that withdrawing every pink floyd CD from the shop shelves is the very least we can do, but as you can appreciate this will take time... Hopefully people can remain patient and within 12 to 14 months Pink Floyd will just be a distant memory.

As I said I'm really grateful for your mail and I'd like to apologise to anyone we've hurt, we were just trying to have some fun, write some songs and maybe make a couple of million on the side. 8 )

Your Pal

David Gilmour

p.s tell deedee and dromed to drop me a line the next time they are in Cambridge!!! ; )

I think a thread called "I hate Pink Floyd" is invitation enough there pal...

Aye, but it's so lame and teenage reactionary a statement.
"Hey, look how fukkn left-field I am dudes, I think Micheal McDowall's a Nazi." etc.
And wasn't it former I'm A Celebrity, Get Me On The Telly Again contestant John Lydon who wore an 'I Hate Pink Floyd' tee back in 1976 or sommat?
Meh. Finder a better target for your ire than a rock behemoth that inspire as much indifference as adoration to most sensible folk.
How about Fugazi?
Bunch of po-faced whinging self-righteous nerds who made the same album over and over again?
Music for virgins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back