I got me tickets for The Dark Knight! (7 Viewers)

If this and the shot of Batman standing in the rubble had been the end of the movie it would have been amazing.

I loved it but after this point it seemed to be a series of possible endings, one after another until it did end.

If it had ended at the rubble/police car point we would have been spared all of that sonar nonsense.

YESssssssssssssssss!!!! Something like that would have been very Empire Strikes Back. Throw in Dent kidnapping Gordons family, the shot of the Joker escaping jail, Bats standing in the rubble.... and end the movie with Bats going off to track down Dent.

I would make love to that ending.

YESssssssssssssssss!!!! Something like that would have been very Empire Strikes Back. Throw in Dent kidnapping Gordons family, the shot of the Joker escaping jail, Bats standing in the rubble.... and end the movie with Bats going off to track down Dent.

you see, i really don't think this needs a sequel. i think it works as a stand alone movie and i really don't see how they can top what they've done with TDK.

a Batman movie is always going to be open ended to a degree and i think the whole idea of him ending up hunted and on the wrong side of the law is a good way to finish. which is why i'm glad it didn't end up with a cliffhanger style ending.

Nah! Personally i loved the Batman VS SWAT team bit, Jokers rant while hanging upside down and Batmans eventual, er, choice. The first half of the narrative, the choices between White Knight and Dark really made the ending make sense for me.

I'm not going to read this thread for fear of spoilahs but the last two times I've kind of decided I might going to see it that evening it's gotten gloriously sunny. Like today! I think I may have discovered something similar to my world cup special of leaving the TV room and Ireland get a goal...

just... amazing.
i'm so glad i can now click on "The following text has been hidden. Click this bar to display the text."
the whole row where i was sitting laughed at my reaction when batman does the flip against the wall in the bat pod.
YESSSSSSSS!

the whole row where i was sitting laughed at my reaction when batman does the flip against the wall in the bat pod.
YESSSSSSSS!

jumping-to-cellebrate-his-success-thumb1660289.jpg
?

upset%20boss.JPG
?

upset.jpg
?

saw this last night. loved it. was expecting joker not to live up to the hype but he was deadly. the white/dark knight stuff was done well. two-face was only okay, could have been more sinister. first hour of the film i thought was only okay, last two hours was non stop bat action, great action scenes, great plot twists.

Did anyone else laugh their balls in when Joker asked that cop who was standing guard at the door...'So, how many of your friends have i killed?' Cop says 'Six.'

His reaction was fucking priceless. He just mouthed 'SIX!' silently. Gas.

Did anyone else laugh their balls in when Joker asked that cop who was standing guard at the door...'So, how many of your friends have i killed?' Cop says 'Six.'

His reaction was fucking priceless. He just mouthed 'SIX!' silently. Gas.

hahah yeah, i liked that

"do you want me to tell you which one's were cowards?"

It was exactly the kind of thing a kid would do with a toy bike

Loved the huge wheels on the bat-pod- very Judge Dredds Lawmaster
judgedredddude07.jpg

oops- no that one

this one
GN1361.jpg

here i know everyone wants to dry hump ledger's performance, and it was amazing, but i thought gary oldman fucking ruled that movie.
movie was perfection.
agree with george, doesn't need a sequel, it was so complete.

here i know everyone wants to dry hump ledger's performance, and it was amazing, but i thought gary oldman fucking ruled that movie.
movie was perfection.
agree with george, doesn't need a sequel, it was so complete.

The sequence with the hostages made it very long - especially as it comes after a pretty big set piece - it kind if screws with your expecectations. It's important though to see Batman in conflict with the cops at the end to set up how far outside the pale he now is.

I'm guessing the next film is Batman outcast or something similar, and it wouldn't make as sense without this film having the hostages in the building scene.

Just been to see this on the IMAX.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Also : IMAX Watchmen trailer before it looked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back