I got me tickets for The Dark Knight! (1 Viewer)

i may just have missed it, but how did wayne know to pull harvey out of the party? was he listening to the police wires?
why did he ask fox for the high-altitude breathing apparatus? did he ever use it?
why did i start laughing just before rachel died?
where did the joker's hostages at the end come from?

SPOILERS AHEAD

GO SEE THE FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!

The party that the Joker gate-crashed was a fund-raiser for Harvey so he was always the likely target.
Also, Harvey had pissed off the Gotham mafia so....

He used the high-altitude breathing apparatus when kidnapping the Chinese dude.
He jumped off the big building & got picked up by the plane.

Not sure why you started laughing just before Rachel died.

I assumed the hostages were from the hospital.
The "hostages" were dressed as doctors, if I remember correctly.

SPOILERS AHEAD

The party that the Joker gate-crashed was a fund-raiser for Harvey so he was always the likely target.

yeah the hostages were from the hospital - he took them in a school bus from Gotham general just after the bomb.

I went again tonight - screen 1 savoy. Even better. It felt shorter and more cohesive. I was still mildly bothered by the bat-growl, but the sonar shit was less of a deal than I remembered. But yeah.. amazing movie. Best Batman film ever.

I knew I was right.
I'm always right.

On a Savoy 1-related note.
It's a pain in the arse the way you don't know what screen you've booked when you do it online.

Saw this again at the weekend and it was even better the second time round. Harvey's arc is so fucking good, and that whole sequence where he's being taken in the back of the police van (flaming truck, rocket launchers, batpod awesomeness, overturning truck etc.) is just outstanding.

Yeah sure the Joker still left me wanting more but that's not a complaint.

Extra special mention for the music. Jokers theme starting out with that solitary breathy string note and scraping up and up and up was fucking amazing. every time it's used, especially with no other sound at all is stunning.

Oh and yeah, Gary Oldman! Totally overlooked with all the hyperbole, but his Jim Gordon is so well done. So soft spoken at times. He rocked balls.

SPOILERS AHEAD

thought he used it in hong kong, i just couldn't make it out!

i don't mean why was Harvey targetted, i know that... the question is, how did bruce wayne know to suddenly grab him?
wasnt it just after gordon got the DNA samples? the judge was car bombed, the commissioner was poisoned, and the joker came for harvey in person, all at the same time. but how did bruce suddenly know!?

i remember why i laughed! it's cos she tells harvey she loves him, just as batman starts dragging him out, and he's shouting "no no no no" cos of batman, but it kinda seemed like he was shouting it at her for saying she loved him.
that was funny.
until she was blown up moments later.

good call on the hospital!
i was too awestruck to follow it all closely.

thought he used it in hong kong, i just couldn't make it out!

i don't mean why was Harvey targetted, i know that... the question is, how did bruce wayne know to suddenly grab him?
wasnt it just after gordon got the DNA samples? the judge was car bombed, the commissioner was poisoned, and the joker came for harvey in person, all at the same time. but how did bruce suddenly know!?

i remember why i laughed! it's cos she tells harvey she loves him, just as batman starts dragging him out, and he's shouting "no no no no" cos of batman, but it kinda seemed like he was shouting it at her for saying she loved him.
that was funny.
until she was blown up moments later.

good call on the hospital!
i was too awestruck to follow it all closely.

oh wait
did the building security warn him or something
or alfred?

it all comes down to sonar.

so i finally saw this movie.

it's fucking awesome.

also, why the fuck did i leave HK???

the scene with bale and freeman on the escalator was 2 seconds from my old house :)

Heath Ledger was unbelievable in this move. He has to get an Oscar nod at the very least. Amazing.

La la, a serious question. How hot did you think Ledger was in this film?

honestly, he disappeared into the role so much that the fact it was him was kind of lost on me.

the jerky movements and licking of the lips - amazing.

the bit when it goes silent and he has his head out of the police car in the breeze - i think my heart stopped beating. that was stunning.

i'm going to have to see this movie again. im sure there were parts i missed. i thought the sonar bit was lame. and as for batman - tom waits called, and he wants his voice back.
some bits were kind of confusing - also, a niggly thing - but the mobster that was able to WALK again after being thrown a few floors and landing on his feet? are you fucking kidding me? no way.

the bits where batman was standing on the edges of buildings made my tummy go googly. and while i may be biased, i truly think the cinematography in HK particularly was mindblowing.

i think teh soundtrack helped tide over the length of the movie. even in less exciting dialogue scenes, it was always there in the background, upping the ante and mounting some kind of suspense.

v4wefd.gif

the joker should have mutilated more people... he only did that crime boss right?
woulda been sick if he'd done someone they actually cared about

yeah, while he was fantastic as a psycho, I still think there was something quite sexy about him - particularly as the nurse ;)

and the jerking and licking was fab - as was the way he sort of stooped as well and had bad posture.
I really want to see this again!

Mr. Joker, you say such beautiful things. Oh, you're so powerful. And PURPLE! Oh, I love purple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back