I got me tickets for The Dark Knight! (1 Viewer)

how about dead?

!ninjaaaa i take that back

haha, nice!

Yeah but Bundy was hardly peter beardsley either though, was he?

300_82972.jpg

bundy.jpg

Can't believe it took me til my 2nd viewing to notice that Rusty Griswold (THE Rusty Griswold, not the later imposters) was the newscaster guy!

i didnt read the thread, didnt anyone else walk out of this dissapointed?? i'm hating everything this week anyways, but i just thought it got worser and worserer as it progressed. i broke down like this to me:

first joker scene/pencil thing that folks told me was great - identical scene is watchable in 'the crow' with slightly different murder methods, but with nerdy goth anti hero walking in on henchmen/gang types to stir shit.

next hour: pointless love story, that could have been dealt with in 25 seconds. batman getting thicker by the minute. the voice is the easiest thing to flaw in the performance of batman, but what about the peirce brosnan wooden hollow shell that sucks the talent from everybody ina 50 yard radius?? gordon was semi believable. then the fact that batman was a fucking wimp with a suit that made him look like he hasd gay dancing muscles. they shoulda got somone on steroids.

i liked the joker. not an oscar, just a sorta funny guy, would have made a good neighbour in seinfeld.

two face was wasted i thought, they just sorta passed him off as somone that the joker can talk into anything after spending an hour bitching about how much he loved gotham, essentially that just sold him off as somone who was into gotham because he knew batmans girlfriend dug that shit and he was trying to get 'elected with her'. everybody seemed one dimensional to me.

the plot sorta padded itself out too often on the 'batman is a moron' ethic, like it was given by the last 40 mins that the joker was going to have more then one saucepan on the boil for the finale, batman is sorta supposed to be more detective then superthug.

that crap about analysing the bullet in the 'bat exploded bullet fingerprint analyser'.

micheal fucking caine in gotham city. 'you were only supposed to blow the bleeding doors off'. jesus.

the sonar thing was retarded.

i didnt read the thread, didnt anyone else walk out of this dissapointed?? i'm hating everything this week anyways, but i just thought it got worser and worserer as it progressed. i broke down like this to me:

first joker scene/pencil thing that folks told me was great - identical scene is watchable in 'the crow' with slightly different murder methods, but with nerdy goth anti hero walking in on henchmen/gang types to stir shit.

next hour: pointless love story, that could have been dealt with in 25 seconds. batman getting thicker by the minute. the voice is the easiest thing to flaw in the performance of batman, but what about the peirce brosnan wooden hollow shell that sucks the talent from everybody ina 50 yard radius?? gordon was semi believable. then the fact that batman was a fucking wimp with a suit that made him look like he hasd gay dancing muscles. they shoulda got somone on steroids.

i liked the joker. not an oscar, just a sorta funny guy, would have made a good neighbour in seinfeld.

two face was wasted i thought, they just sorta passed him off as somone that the joker can talk into anything after spending an hour bitching about how much he loved gotham, essentially that just sold him off as somone who was into gotham because he knew batmans girlfriend dug that shit and he was trying to get 'elected with her'. everybody seemed one dimensional to me.

the plot sorta padded itself out too often on the 'batman is a moron' ethic, like it was given by the last 40 mins that the joker was going to have more then one saucepan on the boil for the finale, batman is sorta supposed to be more detective then superthug.

that crap about analysing the bullet in the 'bat exploded bullet fingerprint analyser'.

micheal fucking caine in gotham city. 'you were only supposed to blow the bleeding doors off'. jesus.

the sonar thing was retarded.

Yeah I thought it was crap too, but then I don't like things like this. Such a serious movie - no humour! Even when the most ridiculous things are happening. Misery and violence and darkness and clichés. Stupid boring film.

Actually the music was lovely. Hans Zimmer is great.

i thought the sonar bit was lame. and as for batman - tom waits called, and he wants his voice back.
Funnily enough, the Joker reminded me of Tom Waits, not Batman - the persona TW uses in his between-song banter. And yes, he was pretty hot, nurse scene reminded me of Cillian Murphy in Breakfast on Pluto (also pretty hot).

Hormones aside, it was a fantastic romp of a film but waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. At least 25 mins could have been lost comfortably.

Funnily enough, the Joker reminded me of Tom Waits, not Batman - the persona TW uses in his between-song banter. And yes, he was pretty hot, nurse scene reminded me of Cillian Murphy in Breakfast on Pluto (also pretty hot).
Lolo and La La, that's exactly what the boyf and I said at the Tom Waits gig!! About five minutes in we literally turned to each other and said 'He's like the Joker!'. Glad we weren't the only ones to think it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an inspiration for Ledger.

have ticket to see this again, though in The iMax for midnight.
its ironic that i cant afford to pay for my ticket.
yet i cant go due to getting up for work at 7 tomorrow morning.
fuck sake

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back