I definitely want to buy a knife. (1 Viewer)

jonah

I definitely want to buy a knife. My friends Mom bought her a baby pink pocket knife with her name engraved on it for Christmas and honestly, I've never been so jealous of anyone ever.

Solution
You need to be really careful with a knife there jonah. Unless you are used to using one regularly, with adrenaline going you are much more likely to fumble and get hurt with it yourself. Legally you should be pretty much ok with it (unless you stab someone, then even if they were trying to assault you they would still have a case against you) as they are legal once they are under 12.8 inches, including the handle. If a Guard does stop you and find it in your bag, if they think you are in any way dodgy they can bring you to court, but that's very unlikely to happen.

Honestly I would never carry one, it's too big a risk and I would be ok-ish with them. Pens can cause a lot of damage, keys are an impromptu knuckle duster and a blast of...
WTF
wtf.gif

Sorry I saw rambo and ISIS knives and ran away with myself. Unless the WTF is me wanting to own one... in which case... no comment. That said, being a girl these days, not a bad idea to carry a knife.

There was a guy in my class in school who was mad into knives.

He was the one who ended up in prison after killing his best friend with one of them. Knives are great, give them to babies!

and sure fuck it, guns while we're at it.

There was a guy in my class in school who was mad into knives.

He was the one who ended up in prison after killing his best friend with one of them. Knives are great, give them to babies!

and sure fuck it, guns while we're at it.

Not condoning the use of arms here, just saying that myself and a number of my female friends have been attacked this year in this city, some really hurt and some assaulted. Carrying a knife might not be the answer, but if some cretin tries to rape me I will probably stab him.

Not condoning the use of arms here, just saying that myself and a number of my female friends have been attacked this year in this city, some really hurt and some assaulted. Carrying a knife might not be the answer, but if some cretin tries to rape me I will probably stab him.

Can you get a wee taser or something?? unless you've done a bit of knife training if you get in a scuffle you can end up maiming yourself.

Take some Krav Maga classes and learn how to properly fuck someone up. I got a serious kicking in town a few years back, punched in the back of the head and kicked around the street. I learned how to fight after and I'm pretty sure I could look after myself now if needed.

Take some Krav Maga classes and learn how to properly fuck someone up. I got a serious kicking in town a few years back, punched in the back of the head and kicked around the street. I learned how to fight after and I'm pretty sure I could look after myself now if needed.

or at least some shitty version of respect from the dickheads at the other dojo

bananarama_cruel_summer_long_version_1983_the80sman_2-231x300.jpg

Also, while looking for that image i learned this.

*Bananarama first recorded “Cruel Summer” in the spring of ’83 and released it in the UK that summer, where it became a number 8 hit.

The tune took little notice in America until the following year when it was included in the 80′s film classic The Karate Kid (the song was used during a sequence where Ralph Machio had to go to school with a black eye after getting the crap beaten out of him by that Johnny punk the night before..) Popularity of the track then blew up!

You need to be really careful with a knife there jonah. Unless you are used to using one regularly, with adrenaline going you are much more likely to fumble and get hurt with it yourself. Legally you should be pretty much ok with it (unless you stab someone, then even if they were trying to assault you they would still have a case against you) as they are legal once they are under 12.8 inches, including the handle. If a Guard does stop you and find it in your bag, if they think you are in any way dodgy they can bring you to court, but that's very unlikely to happen.

Honestly I would never carry one, it's too big a risk and I would be ok-ish with them. Pens can cause a lot of damage, keys are an impromptu knuckle duster and a blast of deodorant in the face will stop anyone for atleast a minute.

Last edited:
Solution

Honestly I would never carry one, it's too big a risk and I would be ok-ish with them. Pens can cause a lot of damage, keys are an impromptu knuckle duster and a blast of deodorant in the face will stop anyone for atleast a minute.

This is actually a list of very sensible reasons I shouldn't get one, thanks riath. I'm pretty klutzy at the best of times, and hadn't really considered all of this. It's hard not to feel really vulnerable on the streets these days. I'm staying with my dad in Navan for a few weeks so I'm not out and about much, but just being a girl on your own in Dublin is genuinely feeling like the odds are stacked against you lately.

I think a combo of self defence and maybe carrying pepper spray or something is my best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back