I am both a veggie and a lazy bastard (1 Viewer)

Excellent chili recipe, Wormo. .|..|

How's about those giant mushrooms stuffed with sour cream, garlic, lil bit of mustard, breadcrumbs and cheese? They is well tasty.

And someone mentioned proper spanish tortilla in another thread - that's really nummy and filling.

Oooh, and I had this thing in Cornucopia that was like a lasagna (it had a tomato sauce that was kinda creamy?!) with cheese and peppers in but instead of lasagna sheets, it had polenta.

Polenta is our friend but like our other friend (tofu), it needs to be well seasoned.

They're all pretty straighforward to make at home, I'd say, not to mentions DELICIOUSly meat free.

do u use a whole tube of tomato puree?

Wormo said:
Janer what do you like, apart from Mexican?

Here's an easy chilli: TRY IT

-chop 2 cloves of garlic, 2 chillis and a finely diced onion. cook them up for approximately 2 minutes in olive oil (in a pot. on the cooker. which you turn on first)
- chop up a pepper and throw that in with some Linda Mc/quorn mince shit
- put in the juice of 1 lime (maybe more, depending on your taste)
- a can of tomatoes, a thing of tomato puree, a tin of kidney beans and a veggie stock cube in a big cup of hot water.
- put in half a teaspoon of chilli powder, a teaspoon of salt, lots of black pepper, half a bar of dark chocolate (e.g. bourneville)
- chop a handful of coriander and lash that in towards the end
- it should be simmering for about half an hour

check if the shit's cooked. If you still aint happy with the flavour:

- if it's dull, throw in some more juice or a capfull of vinegar and some salt
-if it's too intense, try throwing in some more chocolate or some sour cream

mazzyianne said:
This website has some deadly recipies, you can even search by main ingredient if you have something in particular and you don't know what to make with it.
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/
dont be offended by the name... It means they were punks once :D

edit: looking again, some of the stuff looks a bit too healthy for my liking... I guess it's for vegans but you can substitute

i used this recipe from there the other day for dhal, and it was really really really good. i left it reducing for a while, and every time i went into the kitchen to check on it it smelt like i was stepping into india. i guess its all got to do with the spice blend, but even though i was out of corriander, it still worked really well. it was nicer than any dhal i rememeber having from any restaurant ever.

pot noodles are all vegetarian. they use tvp rather than meat. the tesco versions are 58c. Only downside is they're still full of salt, but they've cleaned up their act a lot in regards to artificial colours and flavours.

I made this last night and it was goooood.

I think thats the 3rd r 4th recipe ive got off ya, Wormo. All yum.

Will you be my mammy?

Janer what do you like, apart from Mexican?

Here's an easy chilli: TRY IT

-chop 2 cloves of garlic, 2 chillis and a finely diced onion. cook them up for approximately 2 minutes in olive oil (in a pot. on the cooker. which you turn on first)
- chop up a pepper and throw that in with some Linda Mc/quorn mince shit
- put in the juice of 1 lime (maybe more, depending on your taste)
- a can of tomatoes, a thing of tomato puree, a tin of kidney beans and a veggie stock cube in a big cup of hot water.
- put in half a teaspoon of chilli powder, a teaspoon of salt, lots of black pepper, half a bar of dark chocolate (e.g. bourneville)
- chop a handful of coriander and lash that in towards the end
- it should be simmering for about half an hour

check if the shit's cooked. If you still aint happy with the flavour:

- if it's dull, throw in some more juice or a capfull of vinegar and some salt
-if it's too intense, try throwing in some more chocolate or some sour cream

Beans on toast wit brown bread an grated cheese on top. its fuckin beautiful an you can eat it for breakfast lunch or dinner ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back