HWCH 2009 (Who you looking forward to seeing?) (1 Viewer)

i dont understand why you couldnt just pay into one gig.
none of our friends came to our gig - when we told them they had to pay €18.50 they laughed in our faces.
understandably.

also, i think it was a bit rich that bands werent given a guest list for their own gig.
not asking for a wristband or anything, just a couple of names on the door.

this is my first post in 4 years.
im clearly annoyed.

Yeah, there was about 5 acts I wanted to see across the 3 nights. And because of the cost I didn't bother going to any of them (sorry folks).

The only year I thought this was done well (as a punter) was when it was up in the POD complex. All the venues were right there beside each other. Its not really that feasible walking across town every half hour to go see some other band. Thus I don't buy the 'its a festival' argument. It is, but it can't be compared to something like EP, etc, where theres a captive audience floating about from place to place.

In theory its a great idea to do something like this. But it seems just a tiny bit more thought needs to go into it. In areas like cost and locations anyway.

get that completely, but i just find it hard to justify that much for one or two bands - especially when cash is (quite frankly) very tight

also understand that the overheads for the festival must be quite high and that the money has to come from somewhere

:)
leigh

ha.
no, im agreeing with you.
i should have said i dont undertand why "one" couldnt just pay into a particular venue on a given night,say €7 or something?
instead of buying a 20 quid wristband.

I can't take more than 8-9 minutes to go from ALT to Twisted Pepper can it, all the venues are pretty centrally located.

try doing it in heels.

i generally stayed in ALT for the weekend.
had to mek sure i used up those 2 beer tokens.

things i learned from my weekend in ALT:
1.it costs €8 for a vodka and white and yet they cant afford toilet seats in the womens jacks.
2. Trev has a small penis and we should all stay away.
according to the walls in said womens jacks.

try doing it in heels.

i generally stayed in ALT for the weekend.
had to mek sure i used up those 2 beer tokens.

things i learned from my weekend in ALT:
1.it costs €8 for a vodka and white and yet they cant afford toilet seats in the womens jacks.
2. Trev has a small penis and we should all stay away.
according to the walls in said womens jacks.

1) shockin'
2) i wonder who trev is?
:eek:

HWCH is crap.

Went to see peaches at it last year or year before and she was cool but everything else about it sucked. Stupid name , rip off and they shouldnt be getting arts council grants obecause its not free! I would rather see that money goinging elsewhere maybe even to DEAF if they stop being spas!

Swish

none of our friends came to our gig - when we told them they had to pay €18.50 they laughed in our faces.
understandably.

also, i think it was a bit rich that bands werent given a guest list for their own gig.

im clearly annoyed.

Wouldn't it be better just to look at this gig for what it was and have your friends come to your own gig where you get their money. Assuming they'll want to pay in.

understandably.

im clearly annoyed.

wbpp

Yeah, there was about 5 acts I wanted to see across the 3 nights. And because of the cost I didn't bother going to any of them (sorry folks).

how much would you normally pay into a gig to see them individually vs. how much was a weekend pass divided by five

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back