HWCH 2009 (Who you looking forward to seeing?) (1 Viewer)

Went to HWCH last year and saw about 50 bands. 99% were dross. Don't imagine it'll be any different this year. Think they'll still give me a job ?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jogging at this.
About time they played a gig in this town

Yeah, cormcolash is a great fake account with 10,000+ posts. And why did you censor the word wank from his post? Wank. Wank, wank, wank.

I was saying to cormcolash about istink. Turns out I was wrong about istink, even though he/she only posts about the hwch festival. Where I work they don't allow me to post swear words. The wankers.

^^ Sergeant Megaphone are actually really fuckin good. Can't stop playing "Sci-Fi Land". Must catch them at some stage.

Saw Not Squares last night and they were the business. Or the bizness, whichever. Savage band, I've seen them a couple of times at this stage and they're always pretty class.

Seriously like, that festival is a joke.
Call it the fucking "Hard Middle-to-Upper Class White Kids Music Careers Wannabes" festival and I won't complain.

Where do you think you live? The south side of Chicago? Johannesburg? Where are all the (solidly working class) black kids who should be playing at Ireland's festivals? Have you checked a recent census?
Should all festivals be punk festivals? But only for black punks? Or particularly working class punks?

And the (admittedly very, very poor) name of the festival is obviously meant to indicate that the acts involved are "hard working" rather than "hard, working class". And why would it bother you anyway?

I'm not passionate about HWCH or anything, it is what it is. I wouldn't usually jump in to defend it but this is rank stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back