HWCH 2007 (1 Viewer)

well, people are bitching aren't they? The real 'bad buzz' is that - not me calling it what it is. Also a bit of a 'bad buzz' are the libelous remarks about the organisers.

I've just received a letter from J Hayden and Co, Solicitors, c/o Fusciardi's take-away, Little Britain Street, acting on behalf of HWCH and threatening me with a libel action; also seeking damages for non-musical emotional heartache.

well, people are bitching aren't they? The real 'bad buzz' is that - not me calling it what it is. Also a bit of a 'bad buzz' are the libelous remarks about the organisers.

Look again.

What I said was that the pay the apply thing isn't the case anymore. Which is a good thing.

oh sweet jesus what is the fucking problem. the way i see it. someone organises a festival for local bands. bands can sign up to play. too many bands sign up to play. an unclear selection process decides on a number of bands (who, in fairness, 99.99999% of the population have heard fucking jackshit about- its not as if they have chosen aslan or jj72). people who wouldnt normally go to small gigs in the hub/boomboom room/whatever head along and see some bands they probably havent come across before. some of them may get signed or whatever. end of story.

right?

oh sweet jesus what is the fucking problem. the way i see it. someone organises a festival for local bands. bands can sign up to play. too many bands sign up to play. an unclear selection process decides on a number of bands (who, in fairness, 99.99999% of the population have heard fucking jackshit about- its not as if they have chosen aslan or jj72). people who wouldnt normally go to small gigs in the hub/boomboom room/whatever head along and see some bands they probably havent come across before. some of them may get signed or whatever. end of story.

right?
Aslan and JJ72 are playing? Did they have to pay the €25 for the selection process?

If someone asks a question you don't like, or has a misconception about something, is it not more professional to attempt to clear up that misconception rather than assume anyone whose comments you don't like is just a little bitch? Or just accept that just because someone puts work into something doesn't mean everyone is going to like it?

"If someone asks a question you don't like, or has a misconception about something, is it not more professional to attempt to clear up that misconception rather than assume anyone whose comments you don't like is just a little bitch?"

I'm not assuming someone 'whose comments I don't like' is a little bitch, but I think it's fair to call someone a little bitch if they are spouting ridiculous vitriol.

"Or just accept that just because someone puts work into something doesn't mean everyone is going to like it?"
I don't really know what you mean by this. Are you talking about the bands, or the festival organisers?

well put shitepipe

I agree with shite pipe and egg_.

I don't agree with little bitches not being good enough.

But I also know how thumped can put the shits up people and bring out the worst.

I think I'm opting out of this before it gets, like, totally out of control or whatever.

Call me a wuss but I really don't want to be fighting with anyone right now.

"If someone asks a question you don't like, or has a misconception about something, is it not more professional to attempt to clear up that misconception rather than assume anyone whose comments you don't like is just a little bitch?"

I'm not assuming someone 'whose comments I don't like' is a little bitch, but I think it's fair to call someone a little bitch if they are spouting ridiculous vitriol.

"Or just accept that just because someone puts work into something doesn't mean everyone is going to like it?"
I don't really know what you mean by this. Are you talking about the bands, or the festival organisers?

Well, you're responding to people's criticisms of HWCH with some pretty nasty vitriol, and the only people to whom you respond with anything resembling manners are those who are in support of the festival.

I don't personally like the industry emphasis of the festival, which means I won't make an effort to go or make any special effort to support it, although I've never even thought about it enough to form any really strong opinion on it. I just avoid stuff like this. There are people playing whom I like very much, musically and personally, but I still prefer to put energy behind more independent musical events. That's it. Nothing against people who are playing. Or people who might be exposed to music that they might not otherwise hear. Or bands who might get to play a gig they really want to play. Fair enough.

But if someone has a strong dislike for something, that doesn't make them a little bitch, and while you certainly have a right to call them one, I don't see how it's justified and you just have to accept that it makes you look unprofessional and kind of rude. I don't think anyone is being particularly vitriolic, especially not in the context of Thumped. Let alone libellous, which I think is just you trying to use scaremongering tactics that you may have learned can work to shut people up on the internet, but do very little to garner sympathy or contribute to any kind of atmosphere of good will.

As for the second comment, it was a more general question. Because the inability to accept that people might be critical of HWCH is at odds with the idea that bands who are rejected should learn to take criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back