Hurling Championship (1 Viewer)

ok, so what if they organised all the games around when you're travelling from talbot st to harolds cross? Would that be ok?

if they abolished the gaa i might come to the table to negotiate.

i dont care whos playing, its just that it took me 1 and a half hours to get from talbot street to my house in harolds x last sunday afternoon and i dont like it.

That is a long time. Were you on the bus?

Just got me munster final tickets woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo, couldnt get them through the club all week but someone came good today wooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooo

gwan limerick

I'm going too!! :D

As children you and I spent endless days of fun
In winter's snow or summer's golden sun
We fished in silver streams, the fabric of my dreams
Was fashioned by your loveliness and so I have to say.

Chorus:
Limerick you're a lady
Your Shannon waters tears of joy that flow
The beauty that surrounds you
I'll take it with me love where e'er I go.

While waking in the arms of distant waters
A new day finds me far away from home
And Limerick you're my lady
The one true love that I have ever known.

The difference time has made, for travellers on their way
Seeking out the beauty of my land
At shrines the children play, and bells ring out to say
Thank God we're living just to feel the freedom of each day.

Chorus:
Limerick you're a lady
Your Shannon waters tears of joy that flow
The beauty that surrounds you
I'll take it with me love where e'er I go.

The one true love that I have ever known...

C'mon Limerick!

qtr final draw looks really interesting

Clare V Limerick (well presumably) will be the clash of the four.
No certainties really for who'll be in the semis...can expect whoever gets wexford (presumably Cork unfortunately) can makes semis and i imagine Kilkenny will be too much for galway, but more surprising things have happened!!

Clare and Limerick will be tasty.

Galway were shocking. We showed a lot of heart to put them away, but it was a poor enough game. We'll have to raise it against limerick, who had some great scores yesterday in shit conditions. I thought Limerick played the best game of their championship yesterday, but waherfud had too much class in the end. great game though.

Shanahan's be deadly alright. Shefflin's been his imperious best aswell, but Kilkenny have been strolling. Ronan Curran, Cork, and Brain Geary, Limerick, have had big influences on their respective teams.

Word in Galway is that the squad will be attending a week-long children's GAA camp in Kenny Park in Athenry to work on the very fucking basic skill of catching the sliothar in the air.

Jesus wept. It was cruel to watch. Clare weren't all that special but at least had some fight in them. Best of luck to the banner.

A proud weekend for Galway GAA.

Poor Tony Browne... if ever a man etc etc :(

I would like to hereby endorse team limerick for the ireland bowl.

I heard that if they win they are planning to jet off to london to celebrate.

Poor Tony Browne... if ever a man etc etc :(

I would like to hereby endorse team limerick for the ireland bowl.

I heard that if they win they are planning to jet off to london to celebrate.

Browne, Flynn, Feeney, McGrath - could all go another year if they wanted.
Too many premature and kneejerk retirements in sport nowadays.

Hope Limerick do it.
The logic that 'Waterford would have a far greater chance against Kilkenny' is flawed. Surely seeing as Limerick beat Waterford then they're better than Waterford....?

Hope Limerick do it.
The logic that 'Waterford would have a far greater chance against Kilkenny' is flawed. Surely seeing as Limerick beat Waterford then they're better than Waterford....?

Especially as they're in the same boat going into the Kilkenny match, ie they'll be facing a far more skillful side and will have to impose themselves on the opposition.

Browne, Flynn, Feeney, McGrath - could all go another year if they wanted.
Too many premature and kneejerk retirements in sport nowadays.

ahem, especially in the case of Feeney who retired a few years ago :)

I don't buy into all the Waterford hype and never did. You need to earn plaudits, and no one deserves jack-shit until they go out and produce on the field of play. Waterford haven't been firing on all cyclinders for the past couple of games. I think they were half-hoping they'd stumble far enough to get into an all-Ireland final where the sight of the Kilkenny jersey would be enough to stir that one big performance out of them. Thats a dangerous policy though, as was seen this past sunday.

I watched this game on telly last night. There was very little good hurling played in it. It was all dogged, scrappy stuff. I'm sure that will be Limerick's game plan going into the final. They'll know they haven't the quality of player that Kilkenny have, so the only way to beat them will be to stop them doing what they can do.

Its in Kilkenny's hands though. If they don't win, they'll only have themselves to blame.

ahem, especially in the case of Feeney who retired a few years ago :)

I'm pretty sure he was on the panel this year - as a sub.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Feeney_(hurler) - seems to back it up although it cannot be relied on all the time.

He's only the same age as you. :)

This year's final is 2 September (Electric Picnic Sunday) but more importantly is the same date as the 1973 final.

I'm pretty sure he was on the panel this year - as a sub.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Feeney_(hurler) - seems to back it up although it cannot be relied on all the time.

He's only the same age as you. :)

This year's final is 2 September (Electric Picnic Sunday) but more importantly is the same date as the 1973 final.

I'm in my third year of retirement though!!

I'll double check my program. He could be still on the bench. I know for sure that he got no championship action this year. I was almost sure he called it a day either last year or the year before. It was always much of a muchness between him and Prendergast at number 3 for Waterford. Its amazing they didn't make a change there, given how badly he struggled with Begley. A big strong Tom Feeney might have been just the man for the job.

Yeah, my Electric Picnic plans will be well and truly disrupted. Go down the friday, stay the saturday, head up for the match sunday, and decide whether its worth getting back down the sunday night (which at the moment I'm thinking it will be - Sonic Youth, etc) with all the match traffic. Not the worst problem in the world to have mind you. Why the hell didn't they revert back to 2nd and 4th sundays? I know they went back to 1st and 3rd last year cos of the Ryder cup. I was cock-sure that was only for the 1 year at the time. Initially they changed from 1st and 3rd to 2nd and 4th to give themselves an extra week for replays, etc. Its a shame they clash, but sure thats life I suppose. Nothing to do, then lots to do all at the exact same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back