Hurling Championship (1 Viewer)

Buckrake

I can't remember a better start to the hurling championship (although I admit to having a shit memory). The Limerick/Tipp series is instant classic stuff, three times Limerick look dead, buried, obituary in the paper, wife remarried, kids calling him daddy, and Limerick come back three times to draw.

Dublin almost beat Wexford, Offaly give Kilkenny something approaching a run for their money... even in the completely one sided games (Cork v Clare, Offaly v Laois) there's been massive scraps before the throw-in to keep us ticking over ;) And Cork v Wathafud should be great today.

All we need now is an al-Qa'ida dirty bomb in Wexford and I'll be a happy man.

it's entertaining stuff indeed.. if only to observe my flatemate's foul-mouthed paroxisms as he watched the game yesterday.

incidentally, see richie bennis on the telly after the match? he's from the same place I'm from, and I had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS SAYING.

anyway, the hunger!

All we need now is an al-Qa'ida dirty bomb in Wexford and I'll be a happy man.

:eek:
Wexford were very wasteful last weekend. Offaly seemed to collapse in the second half.

Last night's game was deadly. All those points at the end of normal time when it looked like only a second goal would save Limerick.

sorry now lads but im pissedd r=ta fuck after spendein fathers days dpown with the quare wans ol' boy, bvut jaysus last nit in thurles i reached fuvkin nirbvana. a70 minutes on the fucki8n clock and all the tipp cynrs was walikin out twas fuckin magical . go';gon ythe treaty men!!!!!!!a;tyoouugh theres s no batin waherfroda fter today.

fuck9in s;ligo beat the sheep stealers fuckin cun ts

sorry now lads but im pissedd r=ta fuck after spendein fathers days dpown with the quare wans ol' boy, bvut jaysus last nit in thurles i reached fuvkin nirbvana. a70 minutes on the fucki8n clock and all the tipp cynrs was walikin out twas fuckin magical . go';gon ythe treaty men!!!!!!!a;tyoouugh theres s no batin waherfroda fter today.

Tis hard to know how to follow a post like that but sure I'll give it a shot. Was down in Thurles today, fantastic stuff but I really think Cork would have won had Diarmuid O'Sullivan and Donal Og been playing.
1116025818496_1.jpg
This fella was on fire though.

Super game.

Hopefully I'll get down to Limerick Tipp next week, my family are from Oola see, it's been unbelievable stuff so far.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^mother of christ!!!!!

Tis hard to know how to follow a post like that but sure I'll give it a shot. Was down in Thurles today, fantastic stuff but I really think Cork would have won had Diarmuid O'Sullivan and Donal Og been playing.
1116025818496_1.jpg

Super game.

Hopefully I'll get down to Limerick Tipp next week, my family are from Oola see, it's been unbelievable stuff so far.

I went down for the weekend and took in both games. I'd be happier if I was from Cork than from Waterford once the bigger picture is considered. Waterford's defense is back to its raggedy worst. They leaked 3-18 to one of the tamest attacks around. If they have designs on major silverware this season they'll need to be far more in control at the back. Only 1 of their back 6 played well.

Cork on the other hand put up a great effort. I agree they'd have won if O'Sullivan had been playing. They'll only get better as the year goes on, and now they're even more angry than they were. That'll serve as a great spur to them.

On saturday night 5 Limerick lads sitting next to me got up and went home with 20 minutes to go. I'd love to have seen the look on their faces as they were listening to the comeback in their car on their way home. Classic.

1116025818496_1.jpg

Super game.

there is a saying i belive, that when one walks around ireland, one runs through oola. (it was an oola man who sad that to me)

The difference in the first touch between the two games at the weekend was massive.

I'd be more worried about Tipp though: they don't seen motivated enough to be able to close out the tie. Limerick at least showed great fighting spirit in both matches. It wasn't classic hurling by any stretch, but it was honest and very competative.

Can't see whoever wins Lim/Tip beating Waherfud though. I imagine Limerick would give the deise a harder physical scrap at least.

jaysus how disappointing were wexford yesterday, poorer than the league semi final. Jesus myler looked like he was fit to breakdown yesterday.Some serious looking needs to be done at the current format.Much as everyone goes on about the munster championship (rightly so) ,I dont think the other provincal championships are worth shite and its probably worth sacrifcing the munster championship for the greater good of hurling.tis a long time since the early ninties and the gap in leinster is getting bigger and bigger!

Seems so long ago.....

"I've often said that Wexford is the flower of them all but when you came tonight, and you look down through the streets of Gorey at 30,000 people, and you come on through the small places like Clough, Camolin, Ferns and into Enniscorthy, and you look back at Enniscorthy at that magnificent town with the bridge in the background, the cathedral on the hill and the chapel and the spires, you think to yourself what a beautiful place and what a beautiful part of the world.

And then to come into Ferrycarrig and a whole snake of cars for ten miles, the two castles shining in the air, the moon on the water, and then you can say about the blood in your veins and the county that you come from that this is a special place.

And the colours that you hold over your head are purple and gold. That flag over your head is a symbol of everything that we stand for. That purple and gold isn't an accident. It's a fact and it's tangible and the men who wore it on their backs yesterday and marched behind the band with pride and stood with respect before their president carried your colours- the colours of your county.

That colour is your colour and it represents everything you are and all that went before you, and the people who died in the streets of this very town. This is your colour and dont forget it. If you have pride in your own county, pride in the place that you come from, you become a very special breed of person...We are Wexford and don't ever forget that."

Liam Griffin’s speech in Wexford town on Monday 2 September, 1996:

It is an awful long time ago. It's too hard to get dropped off that fucking team, all the old guard should have been replaced after the last 2 years but oh no, here's Doc again, here's Skippy again, here's Mich Jordan again, as shit as they were last time

Martin Storey was on the news last night.

"My nephew is studying Japanese for the Leaving. Wouldn't he be better off studying hurling for the Leaving?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back