Hurling Championship (1 Viewer)

It is an awful long time ago. It's too hard to get dropped off that fucking team, all the old guard should have been replaced after the last 2 years but oh no, here's Doc again, here's Skippy again, here's Mich Jordan again, as shit as they were last time

skippy has been past his sellby date for a while now but he deserved better than he got on sunday.

To be fair about the others, Mitch was only a sub, and has been making an impact when brought on. DOC though, is still only a young fella, though it seems like hes been around years at this stage (probably cos he has been). I thought it totally unfair to play him in such an unfamiliar position when they were having all those problems at the back.

what happened declan ruth?

threw a bit of a wobbler.

He was taken off after 14 minutes after being skint by Shefflin. Shefflin would have done that to a better player though, the form he was in.

Ruth headed straight down the tunnel, rather than to the bench, and on the way through the green covering that they pull out at soccer and rugby matches, he started hopping his hurl off it. About 6 times in total. He was not a happy bunny and I reckon we've seen the last of him. Thats why its such a shame. A player of that calibre deserves to go out on better terms.

Sad way to end, if that's what it turns out to be.

He was in the paper on Sunday. Big interview focusing on the pain of getting walloped out of the c'shp every year.

one thing ya can never take away from wexford hurling is they had the best all ireland song ever the wild swans - dancing at the crossroads! a fuckin classic way better than offalys

"WHEN THE BALL HITS THE NET
AND THE BANNER ARE BET
THATS JOE DOOLEY
THATS JOE DOOLEY"

sung to the tune of amoura.

Never knew there were so many yella bellies on the forum.have any of yis read the revolution years?, the wexford chapter is pretty amazing!

one thing ya can never take away from wexford hurling is they had the best all ireland song ever the wild swans - dancing at the crossroads! a fuckin classic way better than offalys

AND THE BANNER ARE BET
THATS JOE DOOLEY
THATS JOE DOOLEY"

Never knew there were so many yella bellies on the forum.have any of yis read the revolution years?, the wexford chapter is pretty amazing!

Have read it. Good book.

According to today's times, Ruth is still on the panel. He was cleaned out by the Dublin full forward in the semi final so Meyler was wrong to keep him at full back on Sunday.

Mitch Jordan wasn't bad when he came on. He's worth having as an impact sub. As is Rory McCarthy.
Doc isn't around that long - 1998/99 maybe.

It's worth having a few experienced heads on the pitch - particularly when what's coming through aren't up to much. Our underage structures are shocking. No Leinster minor title since 1985. Awful.

Good to see Dublin winning the minors on Sunday.

Clare had a song that went:

"Fairplay to you Fitzy,
And well done Anthony D.,
Shur we beat the boys of the Shannonside,
And bid farewell to the Lee"

AND THE BANNER ARE BET
THATS JOE DOOLEY
THATS JOE DOOLEY"

WE WERE DANCIN AT THE CROSSROADS
IN THE SHADOW OF A BONEFIRE
DANCIN JIGS AND REELS AND POLKAS
UNTIL THE EARLY MORN

the last verse, where he rattled off the names of the entire panel was the best. It was by the Wild Swans, which was yer man Brendan Wade from Cry Before Dawn.

class alright

It's worth having a few experienced heads on the pitch - particularly when what's coming through aren't up to much.
I don't see how they could do much worse than they're doing now, to be honest. Sure, they beat Dublin, but fucken hell, the county's full of club hurlers who would surely be worth trying out at this stage - what have we got to lose? The most experienced guys mostly aren't performing, and from what I hear there's real bad internal bitchiness on the team. Time to take a longer-term view and see about building the team from scratch again

I don't see how they could do much worse than they're doing now, to be honest. Sure, they beat Dublin, but fucken hell, the county's full of club hurlers who would surely be worth trying out at this stage - what have we got to lose? The most experienced guys mostly aren't performing, and from what I hear there's real bad internal bitchiness on the team. Time to take a longer-term view and see about building the team from scratch again

they haven't exactly been setting the world alight at minor or under-21 though. I think part of the problem is they don't have the good young players coming through, so taking a long-term view is not really an option for the moment.

The Wexford manager's job is a poison chalace if ever there was one.

they haven't exactly been setting the world alight at minor or under-21 though. I think part of the problem is they don't have the good young players coming through, so taking a long-term view is not really an option for the moment.
I don't really think the problem is a lack of hurlers, it's the lack of a team. Wexford have been short of guys like Shefflin since the 60s, but managed up for it (sometimes) with heart and teamwork - earlier in this season there were texts going around among the team (I hear) saying not to pass the ball to Nigel Higgins, cos he didn't join the squad until a few months after everyone else. And he's the fucking captain.

i wish these bogger fucks would play their stupid games in their own towns rather than coming up here and causing traffic chaos on a sunday afternoon

ok. so what about when Dublin are playing? Is that ok?

I'll get onto the GAA and tell them.

i dont care whos playing, its just that it took me 1 and a half hours to get from talbot street to my house in harolds x last sunday afternoon and i dont like it.

i wish these bogger fucks would play their stupid games in their own towns rather than coming up here and causing traffic chaos on a sunday afternoon

hurling fans would rather see their county play on a proper surface like Pairc Ui Caoimh or Semple Stadium as oppossed to the "lawns" at Croke Park

And we don't want to be coming up to yer stupid city to have our wallets raped:rolleyes: Hurling matches are the least of Dublin's traffic problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back