Hows this for a sick day excuse? (4 Viewers)

Mr Catwoman got a cert for the first week of the 2002 World Cup. I had this factor 30 sun lotion which when applied, makes you look very, very pale and and sick-looking. So he lashed that on him and went to the docs clutching his belly. Got a cert for viral gastroenteritis.

Have to phone in sick in a few weeks for a whole weekend. The manager I will be dealing with is a bit of an asshole so I need all the loopholes and flaws in my story from people with experience at this. Here's my excuse "Cant come into work today sorry. Last night I tripped on a book that was sitting at the top of the stairs and fell the whole way down and have pulled my back
out really badly and am not really able to leave my bed".

What do you think?

Tell him you were feeling your arse and felt a big crack down the middle of it .|..|

I haven't taken a sick day in this job yet. Don't like taking them tbh.

At any rate, my work gives sick pay “at the discretion of management”. And I’m still on a probationary period, so I wouldn’t get any anyway. So I’m here now, infecting everyone.

Blood stained tissue anyone?

Didn't get "caught" either time and only did it once in each, they just let me off and took on someone else. There's so much cheap labour around these days that if you miss one day out of a two day week (aka 50% of the week) it's just as easy for them to fire you and take someone else on. Never underestimate how much of a shower of cunts employers are. One girl started here on a friday and refused to come in the saturday and they fired her on the spot. It might be different for you if you're in the job a while or whatever, but as far as "sure fuck 'em, what can they do", they can fire you and will if they want to, pure and simple.

When I want the few days off I just pay the 50 quid to the doctor and make up some shite then request the 5 days off just incase.

Ah I can see why you'd get fired for that. But I would never take that much sicktime. I've been working there a year now and I've only phoned in sick once before so I should be ok. Hopefully

Now that i think of it, i've lost three jobs for taking one sick day - rubber factory, petrol pumps, cleaning job. Man, i've worked for some real assholes.
Is this legal? I didn't think it was. Didn't think it was legal to lay people off for taking sick days either
"We're sorry but we don't have any more work for you at this time".

rubber factory

ha ha cool - i worked in a box factory for a while.
at 3:25 on friday as i was about to finish up and clock out (3:30 on friday) they told me there was no need to come to work Monday as i wasnt needed anymore (there were 3 of us laid off)

Ha, i worked in apple for a few months (alan remorse was on the second line over from me), three day shift, 8am to 8pm. On a wednesday, about an hour before we finished, we were told we weren't being taken back on. Still, i liked working for apple (even if i think their "computers" are shite).

To go to Cork and play a gig!

We have to book holidays off months in advance so I had no chance of getting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back