How to respond to this (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I got a whatsapp msg from a lad who used to be on my team at a previous job. He's really smart and a smiley friendly type who gets on well with (almost) everyone, and who was such a nightmare to manage that I ... well, I kinda lost my shit for a while. My marriage is still recovering

And now, 3 years after I managed to squeeze him off my team (and 2 years after I left that job) I get a msg out of the blue saying he's in Dublin and wanna meet up for a pint. I've never gone for a pint with this guy before. What the fuck does he want? Obvs cos it's whatsapp he can tell I've read the msg.

Tell him no dice. If he's not adding to your life he's surely taking away.

Just say...nah.

NAH

Its not no/Its nah

And if he says why not..just..don't feel like it

Coming at you outta the blue like 9/11 after 3 years . Well past his best before date

I wouldn't bother replying either, if it's important he'll come back with more info. Does he realise you had him forced off the team or does he think he got on as well with you as he did with everyone else?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wouldn't bother replying either, if it's important he'll come back with more info. Does he realise you had him forced off the team or does he think he got on as well with you as he did with everyone else?
I forced him out by filling a vacancy on the team with another really difficult guy (but one I like), and let them fight it out. Was actually on my way into a meeting to ask my boss how to fire someone (cos I thought my plan hadn't worked) when he told me he was moving teams.

So ... we argued a lot, and I guess he was aware that things weren't hunky dory between us, but I hid the full extent of my distress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back