How do you take your Whiskey (1 Viewer)

How do you drink your Whiskey?

• Total voters
My mother used to give us whiskey if we had tooth aches when we were kids. We'd hold it in our mouths for a few seconds to numb the pain and then spit it out. My Dad was looking after us once when she was away and I got a really bad abscess on a tooth. Unfortunately he had seen her produce the whiskey on such occasions, but missed the spitting out part...."That'll make you better now". Bless him.

Ice and ginger ale.

Me too, or even better, Jamaican ginger beer. Since the booze ban on London transport, I've been bringing a bottle of spiked ginger beer with me if I want to keep a sensible level of drunkenness between drinking venues in different parts of the city.

rotten stuff. I drank the end of a litre bottle of the stuff with some totally langers homeless tramp outside heuston station one night; the next day I cried and begged for death like never before. haven't touched a drop since. foul, evil stuff.

You sure there was Paddy in the bottle when you started?

i'm surprised I'm the only one who went for a bit of water in the poll.
Why water in good whiskey only, out of curiosity?

syntax error.

if its a good whiskey, i'd take it neat or with a drop of water. for a regular/shitty whiskey i'd often have a mixer...

edit: as wobbler says, water softens the flavour- you can taste it more without yer buds being burned.

Yep, a drop of water brings out the flavours. try it with jameson and you'll get it.

I like to let the ice in mine melt a little before sipping, but I have a hunch ice is a no-no with the boffins

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back