How do you take your Whiskey (2 Viewers)

How do you drink your Whiskey?

• Total voters
Yep, a drop of water brings out the flavours. try it with jameson and you'll get it.

I like to let the ice in mine melt a little before sipping, but I have a hunch ice is a no-no with the boffins
That's how I drink it and why alright, but I was curious as to Shitepipe's reasoning, but he's cleared that one up.

I went for straight up, no mixer. But it really depends on the whisk(e)y, the original strength and my mood.

Some whiskeys taste best with a tiny dash of water (its all to do with breaking down the surface tension). Most Irish whiskeys are best straight.

If you're talking about drinking it with water, the water should be in a separate glass. But that thing about "bringing" out the flavours" is a myth. All you're doing is diluting any flavour inherent in it. I reckon the whole glass of water is specifically to dilute it, so you don't get drunk too quickly and you'll buy more. Probably made up by a good Paddy Rep back in the day.

If I was buying you a whisky, I'd be buying you a nice one, so you'd be getting it without ice or water or mixer. And that's how I'd prefer you drank it. If you want to mix it, I wouldn't be spending the extra on a nice one. The whole point would be for you to enjoy the taste. I wouldn't be miffed, or anything, but I wouldn't waste my money a second time.

I've noticed a lot of pubs aren't doing good whisky anymore, which is a bit of a pain in the hole.

Ah, whisky. Something to look forward to later when we're out celebrating Jimmy Page getting his bus pass.

If I was buying you a whisky, I'd be buying you a nice one, so you'd be getting it without ice or water or mixer. And that's how I'd prefer you drank it. If you want to mix it, I wouldn't be spending the extra on a nice one. The whole point would be for you to enjoy the taste. I wouldn't be miffed, or anything, but I wouldn't waste my money a second time.

noted, so when are you buying me this whiskey?

news-graphics-2005-_587460a.jpg

i like guinness with a whiskey on the side, but in the years of crowded pubs this has evolved into arsing the whiskey into the guinness and drinking essentially guiness with dash o' whiskey. people are probably wretching at the thought of this, but it frees up the smoking arm.

it probably has a name.

If you're talking about drinking it with water, the water should be in a separate glass. But that thing about "bringing" out the flavours" is a myth. All you're doing is diluting any flavour inherent in it. I reckon the whole glass of water is specifically to dilute it, so you don't get drunk too quickly and you'll buy more. Probably made up by a good Paddy Rep back in the day.

as a pre emptive to christmas i read extensive documentation on the causes of the common hangover and potential cures, apparently alcohol makes your brain believe it needs to piss more, so you start flushing out vitamins and nutrients you actually need instead of just the beer, so with any shot a volume of water is a good idea to preempt your body flushing important stuff, minimizing the waves of fear and paranoia the following day.

definitley seporate though, its watered enough.

jameson and ginger ale with ice.

a friend of mine just sent me a mini bottle of crown royal canadian whiskey which i'm hoping to get through when i have a spare minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back