how do people meet people? (2 Viewers)

marmalade atkin

this may be just the product of sunday blues, but it has been bugging me the last couple of months. How do people get together anymore?

In my experience I've had a few really great boyfriends and most of the time it has started off as drunken kissing. To be fair they were already mates or at least known to me.

but now with my heart that bit more bruised and battered, drunken kissing just doesn't seem the way to go. nor does starting relationships with mates seem such a bright idea...shitting on yr own back door etc.

so how do nice people meet each other now? i go out lots ( probably too much) and generally have a good time, but always with people i know. seems hard, in dublin anyway, to talk to anyone new.

dating services, speed dating etc are not an option!... it's not like i'm on a desperate mission to find a man. i just want to know that romance still happens, please inspire me!

Well, you could lure them with rep points

I'm really not an expert on these things, but there's no real formula. The special someone could right under your nose (no, it's not Mr. Hanky)

Shouldn't this be on the politics board.

oh ho... but no, anything can happen anywhere, what am i talking about .. eh .. i don't know. Nightclubs are pretty shit though i'd reckon.
Big parties are good ......... big parties.

marmalade atkin said:
this may be just the product of sunday blues, but it has been bugging me the last couple of months. How do people get together anymore?

In my experience I've had a few really great boyfriends and most of the time it has started off as drunken kissing. To be fair they were already mates or at least known to me.

but now with my heart that bit more bruised and battered, drunken kissing just doesn't seem the way to go. nor does starting relationships with mates seem such a bright idea...shitting on yr own back door etc.

so how do nice people meet each other now? i go out lots ( probably too much) and generally have a good time, but always with people i know. seems hard, in dublin anyway, to talk to anyone new.

dating services, speed dating etc are not an option!... it's not like i'm on a desperate mission to find a man. i just want to know that romance still happens, please inspire me!

I've been thinking the EXACT same thing recently. Haven't met anyone new in aaaages that i'd see myself going out with, and all recent "encounters" have been with mates :(

pah........ you meet the best peoples in the most unexpected places I guess.... that been said I have reached the point where I will only go out with people I already know.so I am always asking myself "jaysus if I won't let myself get close to any strangers does that mean I will more then likely be spending the rest of my life with one of these fuckers" !!! hmmmm......feck meeting people, I'll go it alone. :( there's only one guy I want anyway, so hence the not meeting new people, godamn him and his not being around ways. This post is retarded. Apologies.

it's really easy, you just go places you'd go normally. do things that you enjoy doing. don't think about trying to meet people, just enjoy yourself. smile. be inquisitive, be open. it's not tricky, but knowing how to see the green light in a girl's eyes is the greatest thing you'll ever learn. or a guys, i suppose.

What about those of us who totally can't spot the light and alternate between too soon and too late? Boo on that.

I find things are far easier when there's money involved.

La La said:
n'oh shit b.

what i meant was, how do you 'know' when it's there?

you know it when you see it, if you've learned the skill. this is going to be a very circular discussion lala.

The said:
come here Don Juan....... you seem to know sooooooo much about women, How DO you do it???

its cos he takes his shirt off at gigs and a lifetime of drumming has given him a rather nice upper body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back