How did you hear about Thumped? (2 Viewers)

I remember when you joined. I remember it well.

Am I a randomer? I am rather randy.

I heard about it through a bandmate who I played in a band with previous to the band I'm in now. He said it was notorious for slagging people off. At first I used to see Pantone "10 Years missing Freddy Mercury" 247 and his Bill Gates picture, not knowing it was Bill gates - then when I actually met Pantone I thought, "yes, he looks exactly like his picture".

aoifed said:
Genuinely curious. My brothers posted here before me and I used to hear them mention Thumped so I joined.

You guys?

Randomers: I'm particularly interested in your stories.

Herv told me about it not too long after it started up, but because I was on about a zillion other newsgroups/bulletin boards at the time, I didn't actually join until January 2003, after I realised that I knew loads of people who were on it.

Herv has a lot to answer for.

eh, I was googling something and came across a link for it and thought I'd perk up my day by annoying random people!! and then i came to know and love them....awwwwwwww.

I looked at it once or twice in 2000ish but never felt like joining (funny, that.) I used to post on Culchikore, which died, and then on Eirecore which was set up as a replacement, and then in 2002 Eirecore started being hosted by Thumped, and here I am.

genuinely can't remember how I came across it... it was some time before I joined anyway. I think I remember my first post, I was begging for a spare atp ticket. only started posting regularly after the mór#2 cork tony thread got me hooked for a while.

edit: ah! see above thread...

I'm another Eirecore mergee. Had tried to join Thumped at some stage before Eirecore but due to some sorta personal ineptness I couldn't.

RobSessive (Levigne) is the reason for both if I remember correctly. I also seem to know/have met quite a few people on here in the real world too.

I remember some folks on boards.ie slagging it off for being an awful place where no one gets a fair go and everyone's sarcastic etc. I also remember Pete Reed stickign up for Thumped. It struck me that this was probably Boards' antithesis so how could I not be attracted.

I was 19 and foolish but I knew what I liked.
Now I'm 22, still foolish, and not quite sure...

A cousin in a band told me about it. He posts up the "(name of band) are playing (name of venue)" type posts. Occasionaly he posts on here, if something takes his fancy. He'd heard of it by lookin for Irish music websites.

"you should go on it" he said "I think you'd like it definitly", little did he know he was creating a monster....................

......actually, nearly all the forum's I post on come from that lad's advice. That fucker has a lot to answer for.

not sure but i'd say the most likely way was by searching for jimmy cake / redneck manifesto related stuff after seeing them on No Disco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back