How did you hear about Thumped? (3 Viewers)

I was searching for something about the Black Eyes tour back in December 2003 and this place came up where someone had posted about it. Didnt join until a few months after because I was scared of some of the people on here and their sarcasitc ways

I wasnt scared of anyone.Your all a bunch quiet introverts in real life except Andy who is actually a real life racist and Inspector Horse and Nofriendo who are a real life flamboyant gay couple.

I met Andy when we where both following the other two down a dark alley to gaybash them and we started chatting about music and then Garyxknifedx jumped out of a tree and told me I should start posting on thumped.

Nofriendo and Inspector Horse were ony a few feet ahead at this stage so they must have overheard us talking about thumped which is probably how they started posting.

brian.html said:
I wasnt scared of anyone.Your all a bunch quiet introverts in real life except Andy who is actually a real life racist and Inspector Horse and Nofriendo who are a real life flamboyant gay couple.

you like to sit outside when there is a party inside

I blame Nerdlinger. Who's site used to be hosted on Thumped many moons ago. Went searching for info about a punk rock weekend in Roscommon organised by those heads and found their website and thumped instead. :)

i did a search on irish hardcore/punk or rejected records about 2002 and found it. but i only saw thumped about twice until about the end of 2003 after which i dropped in regular-ish.
i decided to join when someone did a thread on GEROGERIGEGE a band i like.
i don't know anyone else who posts here personally.

Bandbuddy philo (mitochondrian) posted on it when we were in an internet café in Prague asking for good curiosities and whatnot in Pague, I pressed down the 'm' button for a long time in the middle of his post, and here I am.

talkinglama said:
I blame Nerdlinger. Who's site used to be hosted on Thumped many moons ago. Went searching for info about a punk rock weekend in Roscommon organised by those heads and found their website and thumped instead. :)
Exactly that. Came back this time last year to see if anyone was headed to the groezrock festival in belgium and ended up staying.

talkinglama said:
now that I think of it that's probably the same way I first stumbled across it first, the time i decided not to join.

Can't remember - I think a guy I knew in college heard about it from his brother and mentioned it to me. Stuck around to keep up with Dublin music stuff, never posted much, left/rejoined a few times. Once I moved away from Ireland I started missing the Irish wit* and got a bit more involved.

*obnoxious sarcasm

aoifed said:
Genuinely curious. My brothers posted here before me and I used to hear them mention Thumped so I joined.

You guys?

Randomers: I'm particularly interested in your stories.

Once upon a time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back