hostel. (1 Viewer)

rampz

ok, so i know this hasnt been released yet and i havent seen it but on the basis of the poster this looks amazing.

its a docudrama about the an oige hostel in salthill in galway. i stayed there once. it was full of graphic violence and as the disclaimer beside the age rating says "strong sex". yes theres loads of strong sex in that particular hostel.

THRILLHO said:
Yeah, lots of gore. Lots and lots (and LOTS) of tits. The perfect movie?

goretex-the-art-of-dying.jpg

Hmmm just saw this. Bit disappointing to be honest. The first half is like American Pie, but without the humour, and the main 3 characters are total cunts. Second half isn't nearly as gory as expected. Some alright sequences but Wolf Creek and The Hills Have Eyes remake did the whole gore thing better imho.

The sheer number of tits in this film is pretty hilarious too.

jeez, I've changed....

chutneyfarmer said:
Hmmm just saw this. Bit disappointing to be honest. The first half is like American Pie, but without the humour, and the main 3 characters are total cunts. Second half isn't nearly as gory as expected. Some alright sequences but Wolf Creek and The Hills Have Eyes remake did the whole gore thing better imho.

The sheer number of tits in this film is pretty hilarious too.

jeez, I've changed....

same dude made "cabin fever" (you seen it?) which also featured characters so irritating that you were eagar for them to meet their gory ends - altho it had an excellent joke that was set up in the beginning of the film and was punchlined as the credits rolled.

His stated aim is to revilatise the classic 70's slasher-horror film...

...and copious boobies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOVERNMENT officials in Slovakia are up in arms over the new US horror movie Hostel, in which two American tourists fall prey to torturers in a Slovakian town. Politician Tomas Galbavy declared, "I am offended by this film. I think that all Slovaks should feel offended."
He described Hostel, which was shot in the neighbouring Czech Republic, as "a monstrosity that does not at all reflect reality". Slovak culture minister Linda Heldichova commented, "We are unanimous in saying that this film damages the image of our country."
According to director Eli Roth (Cabin Fever), his aim in making the film was not to offend Slovakians but to highlight the ignorance of US cinemagoers. "Americans do not even know that this country exists," he says. "My film is not a geographical work but aims to show Americans' ignorance of the world around them."

Just saw this, meh...

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

If he wanted to make a film that was all blood and tits it needs more tits and a little more blood (he did pretty good on that count). But he wastes half the film on a plot that pretty much gets abandoned for the gorefest of the last 30mins. Gorefests are great but why bother pretending there's some element of psychodrama about it, just cut straight to the sinew tearing mayhem.

Charlie Bucket said:
same dude made "cabin fever" (you seen it?) which also featured characters so irritating that you were eagar for them to meet their gory ends - altho it had an excellent joke that was set up in the beginning of the film and was punchlined as the credits rolled.

His stated aim is to revilatise the classic 70's slasher-horror film...

...and copious boobies

Actually had a loan of it and watched it, well most of it, tonight. Had to turn it off after about an hour coz i was so fed up with it. Total shite!!! Again, crap characters, and even worse script. I mean, I watched Chopping Mall last night and loved it despite how crap it is, but this guy's films are just BAD! He seems to try too hard to remake the sort of classic 80's "horror & boobies" vibe but it seems a little too contrived

Yeah this is pretty rubbish. He cuts away for most of the gore (not what i expected but an interesting choice considering all Roth's posturing) and its all too dark to really see anthing.

Either of those don't really matter because its just not a good movie.

Just made me appreciate Wolf Creek all the more.

This movie is shit. Well hyped and it just doesn't deliver. There is actually hardly any story and if you've heard the plot outline then I'm afraid you've heard it all - the plot outline is actually the whole plot then filled out with lots of blood and gore. And there's not actually that much sex in it I'm afraid.

Very disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back