hostel. (1 Viewer)

anything except for the worst film ever
my problems with this film are mostly with the bullshit mouthed by that total waste of a director. (oh and the terrible film that went along with it)
switchblade romance (another flashy hyped film) was the last film to bother me this much. fuck all these new jacks.
seriously - for all the supposed gore and tits, it's the most duh sanitised baby shit in the world.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
anything except for the worst film ever
my problems with this film are mostly with the bullshit mouthed by that total waste of a director. (oh and the terrible film that went along with it)
switchblade romance (another flashy hyped film) was the last film to bother me this much. fuck all these new jacks.
seriously - for all the supposed gore and tits, it's the most duh sanitised baby shit in the world.

You're lucky you didn't watch the pirated version I saw. Worst sound ever.

of what, hostel?
another thing - awful soundtrack - you didn't miss much. bunch of slovak shit from the 80s and a fuckin sped up sneaker pimps cover of a song off the wicker man (oh and the dwarves, that's kind alright) - guy needs to be sat down and made listen to the incidental music from dawn of the dead over nad over for at least a year before he makes another film

Thought this was alright. *SPOILERSNSHIT* The german dude who tries to kill paxman (aka the doctor out of the basement jaxx vid) was awesome, what with the contracting face mask and the mad eyes, and i liked how they built up that one dude to be the central character, then killed his ass off quicksmart. The obnoxious american at the end (going on about how he spent 50g on this shit) could have done with a touch less over acting, but i dug the setup. And i liked how the characters where cunts, cos then you really got the full kick out of them getting tortured. Some nice bits of action, like when the dark haired slav gets run over all of a sudden, and that dude getting his head rocked in a minute later. The boobs were gratuitous and not even remotely sexy after about, oh, four seconds. Maybe if it was PG13's or something. Overall, not too bad, but it seems i didn't buy into the hype like some people did *hahahaha*

Did anyone else think "damn, if i had 50g's i'd so be there torturing some fucker". Best birthday present ever.

oh and...

Charlie Bucket said:
According to director Eli Roth (Cabin Fever), his aim in making the film was not to offend Slovakians but to highlight the ignorance of US cinemagoers. "Americans do not even know that this country exists," he says. "My film is not a geographical work but aims to show Americans' ignorance of the world around them."

Dude in the movie while in amsterdam said:
We've been all around france, then we went to switzerland, then belgium, and we've a friend who has an apartment in barcelona we might go to next

Subtle, nice.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Overall, not too bad, but it seems i didn't buy into the hype like some people did *hahahaha*

if that's directed at me chief - bogus. the only shit i'd heard about this film was on here (and an interview with the director on the day) - so yeah, maybe i should go back to completely disregarding the opinions of you clowns.

Did anyone else think "damn, if i had 50g's i'd so be there torturing some fucker". Best birthday present ever.

yeah when i was 14 and read books about serial killers - snooze

truth be told - i enjoy hating this film

GORILLAMUNCH said:
truth be told - i enjoy hating this film
No shit. And that wasn't so much directed at you as ALL the people who've been hyping this film the last few months, everyone seemed to be expecting the holy grail of horror just because Tarantino had his name on it. I saw pretty much nothing that would suggest any involvement on his part, aside from the contrived pulp-fiction-in-slav on the telly bit. Pooooooor.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Maybe someone left a positive rep that sounded intimidating but was only taking the mick?

Not that i'd know anything about that mind...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

I'm not afraid anymore RSJ. In fact, i think i'm a little in :heart: ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back